I'm lucky!

mexmex

Every morning the two newcombers will see dibs in the parc ferme. Dibs will run up section one and be gone while the two new guys discuss yesterday. Dont let the fact dibs is near you put you off, the top guys are so quick you wont see much of him anyway.

Just enjoy the ssdt for what it is, the best trial in the world ! :thumbup:

Every morning the two newcombers will see dibs in the parc ferme. Dibs will run up section one and be gone while the two new guys discuss yesterday. Dont let the fact dibs is near you put you off, the top guys are so quick you wont see much of him anyway.

Just enjoy the ssdt for what it is, the best trial in the world ! :thumbup:

Lucky.....we'll ALL be lucky if Baldilocks leaves that feckin one piece at home :rolleyes:

Well ain't you a little ray of sunshine? There's our tyros eager for a bit of wisdom from Dibs and you reckon he'll be gone :closedeyes:

Well ain't you a little ray of sunshine? There's our tyros eager for a bit of wisdom from Dibs and you reckon he'll be gone :closedeyes:

just a friendly tip really.

My first ssdt I was three numbers front of my dads supported rider, John Reynolds. Beforehand I thought I 'd be able to ride around with him and learn from his experience.

Mondays first sections were on the Ben with a couple of miles of off road to get there. JR passed me before we got to the sections and was riding the first one as I got there. I panicked thinking i'm going far too slow but I cant ride much faster than this. I just hadnt appreciated how quick the good guys are and there was no need to panic. If the guys in this thread are first timers I just want them to realise beforehand that Dibs being quicker than them isnt a big deal if it happens, its only a problem when everyone leaves you for dead.

In my experience the top guys are happy to give advice if your at a section when they are.

Every morning the two newcombers will see dibs in the parc ferme. Dibs will run up section one and be gone while the two new guys discuss yesterday. Dont let the fact dibs is near you put you off, the top guys are so quick you wont see much of him anyway.Just enjoy the ssdt for what it is, the best trial in the world ! :thumbup:

just a friendly tip really.My first ssdt I was three numbers front of my dads supported rider, John Reynolds. Beforehand I thought I 'd be able to ride around with him and learn from his experience. Mondays first sections were on the Ben with a couple of miles of off road to get there. JR passed me before we got to the sections and was riding the first one as I got there. I panicked thinking i'm going far too slow but I cant ride much faster than this. I just hadnt appreciated how quick the good guys are and there was no need to panic. If the guys in this thread are first timers I just want them to realise beforehand that Dibs being quicker than them isnt a big deal if it happens, its only a problem when everyone leaves you for dead.In my experience the top guys are happy to give advice if your at a section when they are.

Glen's 100% right, they'll see him in PF morning & night plus maybe a couple of times a day. If they don't ride the same pace across the moors they'll not see each other that often either.

Edited by PERCE

• 1 month later...

Sitting at 259 out 264 left after four days.

Hang in there for the finish fella :icon_salut:

Sorry but he was excluded on Monday, he's been riding as a non award since. Long way to come to find out how hard it is to ride a trials bike round Scotland, others have done it before & I'm sure there'll be more in future years.

His name has been dropped from the listings now !

Yes, I missed 2 groups of sections on the 1st day, but kept riding for non award finish.

Yesterday, on the last group, i drop the bike and myself on a very slippery surface, and knocked out my left wrist. I thought it will be ok by the morning, but after sleepless night, I tried and couldn't pull the clutch, so i had to say good bye.

I have lots of conclusions for 1st timer from the last week, and I will write them up on my way home on Sunday....

Cheers! It's pub time!

Yoram