280 4t

albert

As above the standard maps will run with it fine but the Mitani 280 map works very well and will provide you with maybe the best overall result and power.

I am currently writing review of a few maps i have been trying with the 280 barrel and Mitani exhaust. A brief review below:

Mitani 280 Map: This maps has a nice spread of power. Off the bottom it is nice and smooth but the more you open throttle you start to feel alot more grunt and pull. However I did find that it felt like I lost a bit of engine braking. I also intend to test the Sanz 280 map but have not got round to it yet. I will post on here my review when I do.

Wetflt Map: This one is perfect for tight sections or where grip is at a premium. Very soft and smooth across the board. Not ideal for maybe steep climbs or big rock steps but still very useful. It also has a lot of engine breaking which can help navigating steep climbs. I intend to be using this one a lot in the wet tomorrow :banana2:

Also I am not entire sure of the validity of this but when I bought my 280 barrel I was told that it would only work with a twin map PTB. I already had one so no big deal for me but please be aware. I cannot understand entirely why it is essential but just keep it in mind.

Any questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Also I am not entire sure of the validity of this but when I bought my 280 barrel I was told that it would only work with a twin map PTB. I already had one so no big deal for me but please be aware. I cannot understand entirely why it is essential but just keep it in mind.

NOT TRUE. !!! A 280 works with the standard body and with the single and twin map PTB. The choice is to you.

NOT TRUE. !!! A 280 works with the standard body and with the single and twin map PTB. The choice is to you.

As I expected the standard body would work fine. I am sure the company in question were just trying to get some more money out of me. I No longer use them after several problems and no one returning my calls.

Will it run ok with the std front pipe?

Should do with out a single problem. I only got the Mitani pipe on mine due to a bit of luck. You could always try a Mitani or a S3 at a later date but save your money until you have at least got use to the new characteristics.

Thanks for the help, I have had 4rt's for years but have never tried a 280 or maps. I have a ptb but haven't a clue how to set it up , but it's time to have a go at different setting. I am interested to see how much more grunt there is than the 250.

Not wanting to burst your bubble but had an 05 for several years then changed to a S/H 09 with S3 280 kit fitted.Could not get on with it and even tried several maps but converted back to 250 std with Sains map. Love it again now.

Not wanting to burst your bubble but had an 05 for several years then changed to a S/H 09 with S3 280 kit fitted.Could not get on with it and even tried several maps but converted back to 250 std with Sains map. Love it again now.

I am a tad on the heavy side, and have lost power on long climbs that require backing off then needing to go again. The bike is now a 280 but haven't used it yet, if it doesn't work out I will probably have a change . Just always wanted to try the 280 and got chance of one for the right money.

Are you guys that are running the Sains map on 250s using the ignition map only, or both fuel and ignition?