2011 EVO AM I JINXED

duggan

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Duggan did you put in those panel retainers? I have been riding several weekends and not broke 1 fender. I thought for sure when I went riding today I would break a fender because of your jinx

Hey no I the only ones I found were way to big so went with small zip ties passed through and under the airbox arms. Didn't help tho!! The observer and a few people watching were amazed. Also saw another 2011 today that's only been out a handful of times with cracks starting on both sides.

Will be calling them first thing tomorrow, it's now way past being funny

how did you get on duggan? im in the process of updating to a 2011 but this is concerning me. ive had no probs with my 2010 so dont fancy this kind of expence every time i drop it. could be a deal breaker unless some assurances are given from beta. cheers.

how did you get on duggan? im in the process of updating to a 2011 but this is concerning me. ive had no probs with my 2010 so dont fancy this kind of expence every time i drop it. could be a deal breaker unless some assurances are given from beta. cheers.

Hey jokerr, spoke to lampkins today and they agreed to send me a 2010 fender free of charge. The said there's no known problem with them and they hadn't sold many? But suppose it's early days!

Am 100% sure the 2011 fender is much more prone to breaking than the earlier models and after having a good look at my many broken ones! I have noticed that where they break the plastic is very thin as in less than 1.5mm.

They always snap from the side of the sunken recess where the fender is attached. This also happens to be the part of the fender which has been changed for 2011 to accommodate the new m6 allen bolts.

If its not a known problem, then its a deal breaker,

Hi All

I have looked at date stamp on underside of fender even on a late model 010 the fenders were made in 09 :thumbup:

Have have some black TTT ones and the were all made in 09 :thumbup:

Could any of the lads with 011 bikes see what the date stamp says please ?

Cheers

Hi All

I have looked at date stamp on underside of fender even on a late model 010 the fenders were made in 09 :thumbup:

Have have some black TTT ones and the were all made in 09 :thumbup:

Could any of the lads with 011 bikes see what the date stamp says please ?

Cheers

Mine says 09