Factory Beta vs TTT Beta

jsygasgas

Was just wondering the factory beta looks relatively standard to the eye where as the TTT beta has got the pipe and various other trick bits which would surely increase performance over the factory bike ?? Does anyone know what the factory would do to give their bikes extra performance ??

Cheers Ben

Was just wondering the factory beta looks relatively standard to the eye where as the TTT beta has got the pipe and various other trick bits which would surely increase performance over the factory bike ?? Does anyone know what the factory would do to give their bikes extra performance ??

Cheers Ben

Put James Dabill on it ?? :rotfl:

Good question, always wondered this myself, Personally I think Jack Challoner's TTT Beta is awesome, It has some better parts on than the factory bike has e.g arrow exhaust, rainbow fork legs etc.. & Jack's mechanic Riccardo is probably one of the best Beta mechanics in the world,

Also saying that, The factory can only make a bike out of the 'Factory parts' They have to make the bike look like standard or else the public will complain there bike doesn't look the same, But who preps Dibs' bike is the actual Beta factory Italy, Who know every trick in the book with them inside out, So I think they can most likely prepare the engine better to TTT.

Looks wise I'm going for Jack's TTT, & Engine wise, I'm going for Dibs'

• Like 1

Cheers Ben

Perhaps a better Ignition System than the one on Lampkin's SSDT bike last year.

Perhaps a better Ignition System than the one on Lampkin's SSDT bike last year.

It was the ignition coil that failed on Dougs bike very uncommon on Beta. JL put a reply together in the archives somewhere, but you are right the wiring loom is different on the Factory Beta's maybe all the lighting loom stripped out, but can't seeing it transforming the performance?

Hi All

Only my 2p worth..

I like the look of the TTT bike BUT i would be suprised if it was better in any way than the factory Beta bikes.. :icon_salut:

That would be like honda in moto gp giving the satellite teams better bikes that they have... (i just cannot see it)

If im wrong i stand corrected :thumbup:

benbeta23 you mentioning jack challoner did you see his fall at sheffield ? straight in to the skip from 12/15ft :wacko:

Then see how toni bou did it..

Cheers

The external bolt on parts are nice goodies but in the "factory" bikes my experiance has been the difference is attention to detail. Only Honda can afford to do wacky one-off things like titanium transmission shafts or custom frames. The simple truth is there isn't enough money in trials to be worth building million dollar machines.

What I've seen is more like custom ignition curves, higher compression heads, smoothed/blue printed ports, perfect jetting, properly torqued bolts and basically anything that happens when somebody's full time job is to work on the bike. The reality is you can get within spitting distance of the factory bike for a thousand worth of trick parts and careful tuning. Then again an extra 5 hours of practice a week would probably do more for your riding then all the titanium you can afford.

Hi All

Only my 2p worth..

I like the look of the TTT bike BUT i would be suprised if it was better in any way than the factory Beta bikes.. :icon_salut:

That would be like honda in moto gp giving the satellite teams better bikes that they have... (i just cannot see it)

If im wrong i stand corrected :thumbup:

benbeta23 you mentioning jack challoner did you see his fall at sheffield ? straight in to the skip from 12/15ft :wacko:

Then see how toni bou did it..

Cheers

Hi Mobbster,

I did see his fall at Sheffield, How he didn't come off worse than he did I don't know, I'm suprised he didn't break his back.

Andy on here caught it on video, It looks even worse on video than it did when I watched it in the arena.

The Factory at the end of the day know how to prep the bikes better than anyone in the world does, But Riccardo Bosi, Who preps Jack's bike though is second to none on preping Beta's, He did Dabill's old TTT bike in 2006, & It was supposed to be better than Bou's factory bike was! I'll bet there pretty similar!

I would love to see a top rider do a test on both bikes, See the comparison between them.

"Then again an extra 5 hours of practice a week would probably do more for your riding then all the titanium you can afford." Dan Williams ... priceless, this should be pinned at the top of every Forum.

• Like 1

For my money the TTT bike not only sounded a lot better on BIG revs at Sheffield but the suspension also seemed a lot nicer, especially plush when landing.

Am pretty sure the TTT titanium exhaust is about all that makes it sound so nice and it could be rider preference and style that makes the suspension look nicer.

All in all though I'd agree with BenBeta23 and say that the TTT is IMO at least on a par with the 'factory' bikes.

We know from previous reports and articles etc that often the factory bikes are not that different to an 'off the peg' bike, with often there only being minor geometry changes, uprated suspension innards and small weight saving bits here and there.

Also TTT can do pretty much whatever they want to the bike where as Beta (as mentioned) need to make the 'factory' bike look and sound as normal as possible.

I've never ridden a factory Beta, but rode Alexz's TTT bike last year and it felt absolutely superb (probably been tinkered with by Julian also) in pretty much every aspect. Bit too snappy for me, but for the daft things they ride at and up it seemed perfect

For my money the TTT bike not only sounded a lot better on BIG revs at Sheffield but the suspension also seemed a lot nicer, especially plush when landing.

Am pretty sure the TTT titanium exhaust is about all that makes it sound so nice and it could be rider preference and style that makes the suspension look nicer.

All in all though I'd agree with BenBeta23 and say that the TTT is IMO at least on a par with the 'factory' bikes.

We know from previous reports and articles etc that often the factory bikes are not that different to an 'off the peg' bike, with often there only being minor geometry changes, uprated suspension innards and small weight saving bits here and there.

Also TTT can do pretty much whatever they want to the bike where as Beta (as mentioned) need to make the 'factory' bike look and sound as normal as possible.

I've never ridden a factory Beta, but rode Alexz's TTT bike last year and it felt absolutely superb (probably been tinkered with by Julian also) in pretty much every aspect. Bit too snappy for me, but for the daft things they ride at and up it seemed perfect

You're definatly right about the sound of them, I have an Arrow exhaust fitted to my 290 & you could listen to it all week it sounds that good, Has an awesome deep tone to it, Even on full bore it is so clear & Smooth, To me Jack's bike sounds the same as mine! As for the suspension Jack uses a modified Showa shock to fit the Beta which I think Josep Banyeres Developed for them a while back, Dibs in the past has always used Showa's But not sure if he is doing now, I think he could be using the Normal Sachs with the factory stronger spring on, But could be wrong.

TTT For me is the ultimate team in trials, Togther Jack Challoner, Michele Bosi & Riccardo Bosi & the rest of TTT make a fantastic team, The Bike seems to be 100% perfect for Jack, He seems to get on really well with the Italians. I would love to meet them all one day!!

Didn't know You had rode Wiggy's TTT bike, You Lucky thing (Jelous lol), Maybe one day I might be able to catch a go on Jack's!

Edited by BenBeta23

Then again an extra 5 hours of practice a week would probably do more for your riding then all the titanium you can afford.

Spot on Dan. If I cuodl tipe i proburly i would ahuve said it as well! LOL

Here is another thing to consider. A factory bike or factory parts are pretty much availble to all factory riders.

Therefore it some what evens out the playing feild. That is when Dan's comment comes into play. Practise plus, Factory support plus, plus talent, and one other equation, important thing: personal attention!!!! For a rider to have factory attention, a factory or sponsered mechanic who can mentor or educate, interpret a riders needs into reality invalauble. I spent several days back in the early ninties with Jordi and his brother and mechanic in the USA. Jordi would ride, his mechanic would watch him, Jordi would mention things about the bike in how it felt and his mechanic would react. Was Jordi actauly feeling something the mechanic could not see or feel or was the mechanic just placating Jordi? I remember one instance were Jordi said the forks were sticking and his mechanic tore them apart to find nothing wrong. The mechanic re-assembled the forks, again Jordi would ride again only to once again mention there is something wrong with the forks. This went on several time unti the mechanic eventuily found something wrong with the forks. Jordi was brillant at getting the best out of factory bikes, factory parts, and factory mechanics fine tuning all of them to his personal taste etc. This begs the question do factory or sponsered riders only have to have riding talent or a good dose of mechanical abilty in order to translate what they feel/want out of their bikes?

Edited by BillyT