Fantic 200 in reverse

ssdt1980

Got halfway through a section at the weekend, and my 200 actually went in reverse. The observer said it was something to do with the stroke.

What I'd like to know is, is this indicitive of something on the way out with the engine, or just a freak thing?

Nothing to be alarmed about: Fantic 200s were known for this. Used to start turning backwards without warning, causing merriment among those watching. Letting the cluth out for a rapid take-off with your back to a cliff was always good for laugh if the engine had decided to start running backwards while you were in the queue at a section.

Had this happen to me on a Mont 311 I was bedding in for the SSDT back in 1992 ! Was worried about it happening up at the big one ! (it didnt by the way)

What caused it was a corroded multi plug and timing almost at the limit, try backing this off its possible (? I do nt know enough about the Fantic to know if this is do able)

Maybe check through all your contacts and electric's too eh?

Good luck!

Edited by Scoobydo