Why does 3 + infinity = 3?

ridgrunr

It encourages new starters at events....

:agreed: Say we count all dabs up to 5 and a new novice rider 5's EVERY section wouldn't that be discouraging? I've seen some sections where guys have taken more than 3 dabs but they were trying not to but especially in water sections it is very difficult. They rules are fine as is. Believe me my future father in law and I have had talks about the rules, he likes the old rules of no stopping in a section and what not.

Edited by iHateRocks

Say we count all dabs up to 5 and a new novice rider 5's EVERY section wouldn't that be discouraging? I've seen some sections where guys have taken more than 3 dabs but they were trying not to but especially in water sections it is very difficult.

I think you make sense here ^, and the comment on 3 or more dabs means the section has won holds true too. In my opinion :thumbup:

I'm sitting here looking at all that snow, with nothing better to do than ponder the unanswerable questions of the universe and have been wondering why 3 + infinity = 3?

Same reason that stopped + foot on the ground does not equal 5, I guess.

:agreed: Say we count all dabs up to 5 and a new novice rider 5's EVERY section wouldn't that be discouraging?

I'm not saying we need to change any rules or anything else, I was just curious if anyone knew where the stopping at three came from. Man if I could if I could stop counting at 3 on golf my golf game...well we won't talk about my golf game.

On another note, I'm pretty sure we talked about this in another discussion, but if the NOVICE sections are so hard that the riders are getting any 5's, they are way too hard. Should never see a 5 in a NOVICE section unless the rider just stalls the bike or does something really odd. A 3 maybe even if a rider paddles through the entire section, but never a 5.