British Twinshocks what would your eligability critera be?

old trials fanatic

Forgot to mention I have ridden at Border Classic and Aqueduct Classic and you get the whole spectrum of bikes from the real trick bikes to what you would call the British twinshock with MZ front ends etc. and it all seems to work in harmony. Just had a looked at what is required as far as regs at Dales Classic and the do not show any machine requirement, so does that mean that any thing goes, and Peak Classic appear to be the same. Some of these clubs put an easy beginner

Edited by Old trials fanatic

Nothing wrong with the sentiment.

We're both thinking along the same lines, I think the only difference is I'd let the bikes with the 'modern components in British skin' and the bikes with spanish/Jap forks and wheels ride in the same class under Pre65, or Pre70 as is more common. In the end, they are all modified with no resemblance to their 60s origins.

Good luck with the new class, I'll no doubt see you at one or two events this year.

Nothing wrong with the sentiment.

We're both thinking along the same lines, I think the only difference is I'd let the bikes with the 'modern components in British skin' and the bikes with spanish/Jap forks and wheels ride in the same class under Pre65, or Pre70 as is more common. In the end, they are all modified with no resemblance to their 60s origins.

Good luck with the new class, I'll no doubt see you at one or two events this year.

With us at Peak Classic they do all ride in the same class. Only differentation is Clubman route, Intermediate route or Expert route. It's even been known, Martin Stanistreet at the last round, for a British Bike rider to deliberately enter the normal Twinshock class against Fantics Majesty's etc and beat them !!!!

Look forward to seeing you Dave at some of our rounds especially those other than at Bracken Rocks which i know you are a bit partial too :bouncy:

Edited by Old trials fanatic

How about this.....PRE 72 Class (British Twinshock). Motorcycles (manufactured upto 31st December 1971)any manufacturer generally available up to this date. Should not be visually 'forward engineered' with exception to Controls, Mudguards, Seats and Tanks, any alterations/improvements to these parts should be within the 'spirit of the class'. No Hydralics. The scrutineers decision is final. I've tried to include everything , from everybody, with the minimum amount of words. The only thing it doesn't include (as far as I can see) is grimacea hubs, but is that such a terrible thing !

Edited by ask greeves

With us at Peak Classic they do all ride in the same class. Only differentation is Clubman route, Intermediate route or Expert route. It's even been known, Martin Stanistreet at the last round, for a British Bike rider to deliberately enter the normal Twinshock class against Fantics Majesty's etc and beat them !!!!

Look forward to seeing you Dave at some of our rounds especially those other than at Bracken Rocks which i know you are a bit partial too :bouncy:

Your right Martyn did beat us all on the james and its not a britshock either its a 1957 captain frame with a 197 8e engine , james hubs etc. Dont think its even got marzocchis in the sliders.

The only thing thats been modded is its got a 32/37 e 4 speed clutch and gearbox engineered by the legend that is Mr H Stanistreet.

Makes a mockery of the millenium james really especially when you consider that he was actually winning Scotland for about 20 mins last year.

All for a fraction of the cost of a Bantam britshock

Hi gave a rest yesterday to sit back and look? What seems to be coming out of all this is you what to run trials with easy sections some clubs do that now. The suggestion for eligibility is to use cheaper parts e.g. forks of Japanese bikes etc. But what’s not going to go away is that that a trick bike will still be eligible under the same regs its just that in the silhouette it might look more British. As Totalshell its down to the ride. If a top rider came for day for some full and maybe to test his bike would you turn him away? PS if was not so hard I would put a picture of my cub on.

post-6674-0-31375500-1296952061.jpg

Jack_the_lad

Edited by B40RT