Ty 250 clutch adjustment

gaz_hay

hi, i have a ty 250, its been fitted with new clutch plates but when put in gear in morning it puls forward with the clutch in when warm theres no problems? The adjustment on lever is right out, so were do you adjust the clutch?

Thanks,,

hi, i have a ty 250, its been fitted with new clutch plates but when put in gear in morning it puls forward with the clutch in when warm theres no problems? The adjustment on lever is right out, so were do you adjust the clutch?

Thanks,,

I will give you the instructions as written in the rider's handbook.

A. Freeplay adjustment 1.loosen the clutch lever adjusting lock nut.

2. turn the adjuster in or out to obtain 2-3mm free play between lever and purch.

B. Mechanism adjustment 1.Remove left side cover,gear lever if needed.Note position of clutch axle lever under the engine.

2.Loosen the adjusting screw lock nut and fully tighten eccentric adjusting screw.The adjuster is just in front of the gearbox sprocket.

3.Turn cable length adjuster in or out until the lever is positioned slightly behind main axle center line.

4.Back eccentric adjust screw out until axle lever shaft contacts clutch push rod inside engine.Turn adjust screw in about 1/8 turn and tighten lock nut.Readjust clutch lever to get freeplay as required.

Hope this makes sense,but is taken exactly as written in the hand book.

Cheers Malcontent