Coming down Blackwater Path...in '67

craig10

Check out this vid of the '67 Scottish, at about 2mins see the riders coming down the step on the Blackwater Path, before the catcher rail was fitted. Scary!!

Not sure where the link has gone to but search on you tube for yorickthetog

Edited by craig10
  • Like 1

PAPA Baldilocks found some foreign types up there one year who shouldn't have been there as they were not riding in the event.

the group were one bike short and in a struggling kind of english the rider explained "bike gone in sea"

dont know if this tale is a product of the wee dram syndrome but it makes me laugh most of the year and makes me twitch when i'm riding up it !

PAPA Baldilocks found some foreign types up there one year who shouldn't have been there as they were not riding in the event.

the group were one bike short and in a struggling kind of english the rider explained "bike gone in sea"

dont know if this tale is a product of the wee dram syndrome but it makes me laugh most of the year and makes me twitch when i'm riding up it !

I think you will find that was indeed a true story, the Spaniard couldn't explain what a Scottish Bog was and I suppose the depth made it look like his bike had fallen into a sea!

Big John

Edited by Big John