Rubbish Tlr brakes

ssdt1980

welcome to the world of tlr's

mine has rubbish brakes and i have tried lots of remidies, non have worked so far.

so i dont use them much, just engine braking, which in the area where i ride it =is possible to gat away with it

good luck.

hey

been riding honda's for years and if your brakes are not good something is not ok

my tlr 250 brakes as good as a modern bike and the brakes dont fade when riding in mud

the 200 has good brakes to but moastly the hub is used and got ovall put a new ring in the hub and fit oversized brake liners and make them fit perfect.

when the brakes are in good state the should work really good

you can fit a frontwheel of an tlm in the tlr

best regards bob

Hi I agree with bobtlr,the brakes on mine are very good,much better than on my TL125.

It could be that you need new cables this can make a huge difference if your old ones are stretched.

Also in my opinion there are some very cheap and probably nasty replacement shoes on the market, I would make sure you go for a known brand at least on the front where it really matters.

TLTEL

• 3 weeks later...

Back when my TLR250 was new,one of its best features was the fact that the brakes worked and lost little effect when soaked.Friends who had 200's had no problems either so something is wrong.

Villiers services offer a reline service for drum shoes with a special woven lining for trials use - worth a try ?

I had this with my TLR 200, I tried lots of different shoes, but in the end I ordered up a genuine Honda pair and a new genuine cable. Made a world of difference, a word of warning though make sure the dealer actually orders the shoes from the part number and doesn't just cross reference the FA whatever number to something else, I'm guessing they are a pretty specific compound to work well. Oddly enough they worked out cheaper than the EBC's I had before...