Monday music on Weds!

copemech

Wayne, do you ever get lonely in your world ?

I've got no friends ...because my friends don't dance and if they don't dance...well they're no friends of mine.

Edited by HAM2

• 1 month later...

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAOxCqSxRD0

Brighten Ham's day possibly! Song has been around fo awile, yet I cannot recall seeing the video till I went looking for the song.

The words "Steamy and Sultry" come to mind. Good one for the mood music!

I find this SOO Roy Orbison!

Belter! :popcorn: I poured a lot of money into the pub video box with this one...and everyone knew not to disturb me for 4 minutes while it was on.

Talk about 6 degrees of separation: this song was covered by HIM,whose same chords were used in Within Temptation's 'Faster' track...there you go, full circle.

Copey, you've cost me some money 'cos I got an 'ear-worm' from the WT videos you've highlighted so I had to get their Album......I'll try and dig out the track which starts with a Winston Churchill speech! (I 5h1t you not!) then adds a full choir (Pa'Dam?) and is backed up by the Metropole Symphony Orchestra

Okeedokee, how many times have we seen ,in the shallow music business, bands using their fame to promote their own fashion label/perfume/aftershave etc?

Not this lot,they chose to highlight what a lucky escape we Europeans had from the 'coming storm'. Our solemn hour.....I think I'm getting obsessed. :bouncy:

Here's an live musical arrangement...and a half :thumbup: :-

Seen that did you? Fairly wicked awesome piece that is! I was actually a bit hesitant about posting that one up on here as a bit too deep for most. (bunch of athiests on here)

"The chant of “Santos Espiritos” leads the song's chorus, meaning “A cry out to god,” "

Did you spend a bit thenn ? I need to as well, not even gonna ask you to rip me a few MP3's and send them to ME @ verizon.net as this would be wrong!

Seen that did you? Fairly wicked awesome piece that is! I was actually a bit hesitant about posting that one up on here as a bit too deep for most. (bunch of athiests on here)

"The chant of “Santos Espiritos” leads the song's chorus, meaning “A cry out to god,” "...........................

:o Nay lad..it's literal translation is 'Holy Spirit'

Taken in context together, "Sanctus" is the acclamation translated as "Holy" found at the opening of the Eucharistic prayer in Roman Catholic Church.

"Sanctus"/"Holy" is a reference to the seraphic hymn of Isaiah (Is 6:3) which is also seen in the heavenly liturgy of Revelation (Rev. 4:8).

I can't believe that lil' ol me (athiest ,progressing to anti-theist) :lol: is handing out god bothering advice :lol:

So just to make sure that I balance out the argument here's a bloke that I'm still mourning:

Edited by HAM2

Thought I was on the wrong site for a while, your starting to frighten me Wayne.

Normal service has been resumed :-

true Friendship... SCOTTISH STYLE!! (None of that Sissy *****)

Are you tired of those pish weak 'friendship' poems that always sound good, but never actually come close to reality? Well, here are a series of promises that actually speak of true friendship. You will see no cute wee smiley faces on this card .

Just the stone cold truth of a great friendship.

1. When you are sad - I will help you get pished and plot revenge against the ******* who made you sad.

2. When you are blue - I will try to dislodge whatever is choking you.

3. When you smile - I will know you are thinking of something that I would probably want to be involved in.

4. When you are scared - I will take the pish oot o you every chance I get,

until you're NOT.

5. When you are worried -- I will tell you stories about how much worse it could be until YE STOP WHINGING!

6. When yer confused - I will try to use only wee words.

7. When you are sick - Stay the **** away fae me until you are well again.

I don't want whatever ye've got.

8. When you fall, I will laugh my ****in heid aff at you, you clumsy a***,

.......but I'll help you up.

9. This is my oath.... I pledge it tae the end. 'Why?' you may ask; Because you are my friend.

Friendship is like pishing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel the true warmth.

Send this to 10 of yer closest friends,

Then get depressed because you can only think of 4 .

:o Nay lad..it's literal translation is 'Holy Spirit'

Taken in context together, "Sanctus" is the acclamation translated as "Holy" found at the opening of the Eucharistic prayer in Roman Catholic Church.

"Sanctus"/"Holy" is a reference to the seraphic hymn of Isaiah (Is 6:3) which is also seen in the heavenly liturgy of Revelation (Rev. 4:8).

I can't believe that lil' ol me (athiest ,progressing to anti-theist) :lol: is handing out god bothering advice :lol:

So just to make sure that I balance out the argument here's a bloke that I'm still mourning:

Howthe feck should I know? I took the quote off their website so it must be true! Everything on the interweb is true! What do you think I am, a Latin or Greek linguist? Ima friggin mechanic, you nerd! Doing a web search, the actual words together do not seem to fit, thus is up to intrepretation I suppose, yet still in the context of a higher calling from the people to God in the given context of the song I would think.

All in context, I would think Espritos would refer to an "Express" or calling out, as in a prayer. Not sure.

Good song!

Edited by copemech