Monday music on Weds!

copemech

aah, mutts  :) , indeed.

Which brings me to the question of just how many languages can you handle?

Obviously your English is very good.

Makes me wonder how Biff's German is. I understand he now has a Coach that can kick his butt!

• Like 1

My English is pretty good, but I always check with Google Translate before I post anything here. I'm bit of a nerd, you see.

My German is also good, had German neighbours when I was young and watched a lot of German tv back in the days with limited tv channels (Western von gestern! for the German readers here :-)

My french is pretty poor I'm ashamed to say. The French speaking south part of Belgium, is the most beautiful part of Belgium and has the best trial (and motorcycle) riding spots, so I like to go there a lot.

• 1 month later...

Which brings me to the question of just how many languages can you handle?

Obviously your English is very good.

Makes me wonder how Biff's German is. I understand he now has a Coach that can kick his butt!

Mein Deutsch sprechen sucks. I can order food, get groceries and argue for a three. My coach corrects my English but that's ok cause shes wayyyy smarter than me and definitely kicks my butt. 

Actually when I first get there my brain has a hard time adjusting but after a while I am "OK". Within a week I can understand 70% of what is spoken to me and I can reply with very broken responses. The future mother in law knows as much English as i know German but we can communicate pretty well. The misses has learned to let go and she knows how much I can process but sometimes refuses to speak to me in English on my request. It does help. Being immersed in the culture really helps. What i found interesting is that i had not taken French for Years yet when I visit Luxembourg or France i have no problem picking it back up. I also find that if i am leading the conversation its easier for me since I am expecting a limited number of responses back. My biggest struggle is gender and reading the words. One word is actually pronounced as two or three at times and everything has a gender. 

If you ever visit the EU i would say try and learn phrases and words. You won't always need them but it helps you get into the mind set. Most people in the EU speak English but you need to know some bare necessaries. I was quite proud of myself that i could order flowers for FanticMatze's birthday through a florist that knew basically no English this past trip. 

--Biff
  • Like 1

All you Guys do very well with your english. That's all i can speak, we were never given anything else no French ect  make it very hard when we come over there 

ps good music by the way,   that all i do at night is play my vinyl with a glass or to of a good red wine dog on lap its a great life

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

Dweezil Zappa plays Frank Zappa

Including, among others:

Napoleon Murphy Brock - vocals, saxophone, flute

Terry Bozzio - drums, vocals (sings only on some left outs)

Steve Vai - guitar

NICE!

:

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

• 5 weeks later...