TY250 Mono, Questions #2 Clutch Arm

thedktor

Yes, the clutch arm has been extended - the standard one is in one piece. The clutch is excellent on these - strong, light and lasts for ages. The additional spring shouldn't be needed - I would think doing what you suggest with the standard spring should do it. If it needs more than the original spring there is something wrong.

There is no harm in extending the clutch arm by this amount, and if the cable is well lubed, has a clean run and the clutch lever and bracket are in good condition, the clutch should be very light.

Good luck with it - they are great bikes - Alan

Thanks for the comments, will try it as is and see how it goes. Will have to experiment with the spring I guess...

Going to order up a new cable anyway as the one here is shot, how about this?:

http://www.tytrials.co.uk/trailandtrialsuk/prod_43349--13-Venhill-Clutch-Cable-TY250-amp-TY350-Mono.html

I just bought a new cable from ABV Motorsport on Ebay (item number 180487505046) it arrived after 2 days and is a Venhill cable , fitted striaght on no problems , i did buy a gasket from TYTrials and had no problem with them .

Shaun .

Don't get mixed up with 'misc - jazz mags' or you might be there for a while

No the misc jazz mags are still at your house... remember that you borrowed them for some ahem 'research'

No clutch cable... just throttle cable and front brake hose (and a TYZ rear brake hose)plus some other misc !

Shedco had all the good stuff