Adam Raga in Geneva

beatabeta

Wow! What happened to Raga on Saturday night?

He looked totally disinterested and beaten by the whole thing.

Was anyone there to see it? or anyone know him/team personnel?? Would be really interesting to understand whats happening in his head.

Must be that Toni Bou being unbeatable has mashed his head again.

I know this happened a few years ago but thought he'd worked past this physcological barrier.

Cabestany seems to be OK and goes with the openly spoken of approcah of 'will ride for 2nd place and if Bous slips up, I'll try to capitalise and push for a win'

Raga on the other hand seems battered and beaten as soon as he loses a point and Bou stays on zero

It must be mentally draining and soul destroying for Raga and Cabes watching Bou ride to such a level at EVERY event amd totally destroy them and the sections.

i dunno what's in his head but i have to say Cabestany and Fajardo were really strong too which might also be affecting him - sometimes it's the smallest move that gives others the edge, Bou is still in a class of his own but it's for the others to catch up

the new Ossa is looking good and is worth the wait despite early disappontments, i'll give it a year of development before thinking of getting one but i'm tempted

on another thread why do you think the UK riders are not fairing so well, they are talented young guys but seem to crumble at the indoor events

all makes it intersting for us though

just my opinion tony

No one will ever catch up to Bou, The guy is in such a different league to everyone else!

I think the commentator had said that Fajardo had beaten Bou in riding in the quarters but stalled the bike at one point to push him to second. Why Caby would ever concede first place to Bou and say second is OK in the interview is giving Bou more of a psychological advantage. Bou is human and will not always win. Plus, it always better for any sport to have parity. The question is, who will unseat him?

cheers

I think the commentator had said that Fajardo had beaten Bou in riding in the quarters but stalled the bike at one point to push him to second. Why Caby would ever concede first place to Bou and say second is OK in the interview is giving Bou more of a psychological advantage. Bou is human and will not always win. Plus, it always better for any sport to have parity. The question is, who will unseat him?

cheers

When Bou get's beat, He is having a really bad day, Like I said he is in a class of his own, I agree the other top 4/5 are very very good riders, But not in the same league as Bou is. Cabestany is very good in the indoors & is consistant, But he will have to ride very well to beat Bou

Edited by BenBeta23

Bou can be beaten. He wasn't as good in Geneva as he was in Barcelona but was still very dominant. His cyclo trials style suits the indoors.

In the outdoors Bou was beaten a few times last year and when he wins he doesnt win by the margin Doug used to.

Saying Bou will never be beaten is wrong as there will be somebody probably about 12 or 13 years old (probably in Spain) copying what Bou is doing on a smaller scale so when they come of age they will take over the mantle. It would be nice to think there could be somebody British but we will see.

Well the Spanish do have their own indoor championship, so plenty of practice.

In fairness the Spanish riders that dominate the indoors also dominate the outdoor championship.

Only difference is that Fuji is in the mix outdoors.

The British riders fair about as well indoors as they do outdoors.

Be great to see what kind of year Challoner has outdoors, his confidence must be sky high now.

Also, as well as Raga falling to pieces, what on earth has happened to Dabill? He was regular semi final last year and challenging for 3rd place overall in ITWC.

Think Beta and John Lampkin need to give him a good old fashioned 'Shirty style' kick up the @rse

Edited by beatabeta

Also, as well as Raga falling to pieces, what on earth has happened to Dabill? He was regular semi final last year and challenging for 3rd place overall in ITWC.

Think Beta and John Lampkin need to give him a good old fashioned 'Shirty style' kick up the @rse

Dabill has failed to qualify in all indoor events be a few points at each round at most, at Geneva he failed to qualify by 1 point only, Dibs' trouble is that he needs to relax & really focus more & he knows himself this is his main object, There is absolutly nothing wrong with the bike, He has said in a few Interview's that the bike is excellent & the team are excellent, I think he needs Jack Lee back more than anything!

Edited by BenBeta23

Has any factory rider ever said i didnt qualify as the bike is pants ?

I only mentioned about the bike because someone would probably say 'If he was on a Gasser he would be doing better' He needs to adapt to having more power & being on a proper bike!!

Edited by BenBeta23

In fairness he was better on the Gasser.

Your loyalty to the brand is very honourable but stating 'the better bike' and 'the more powerful bike' is just odd.

'if' the bike was better surely he would ride better!

I'm not saying the Beta is not a good bike, far from it in fact. However the simple and un-argueable facts are that he rode better in 2010 in the ITWC on the Gas Gas.

Toni Bou got straight on the apparently 'uncompetitive' Montesa and smashed everyone from pretty much day 1 so taking time to settle can't really still be a reason. Plus after 45+ official days on the Beta and XX amount of unofficial days on it whilst in his gas gas contract he should be fully in tune with the bike and the team.

Maybe the Gas Gas suits him and his style better, maybe he is the sort of rider that needs the coaxing and pushing style of team leadership that Shirty gives and maybe he's just riding poorly ATM.

In fairness he was better on the Gasser.

Your loyalty to the brand is very honourable but stating 'the better bike' and 'the more powerful bike' is just odd.

'if' the bike was better surely he would ride better!

I'm not saying the Beta is not a good bike, far from it in fact. However the simple and un-argueable facts are that he rode better in 2010 in the ITWC on the Gas Gas.

Toni Bou got straight on the apparently 'uncompetitive' Montesa and smashed everyone from pretty much day 1 so taking time to settle can't really still be a reason. Plus after 45+ official days on the Beta and XX amount of unofficial days on it whilst in his gas gas contract he should be fully in tune with the bike and the team.

Maybe the Gas Gas suits him and his style better, maybe he is the sort of rider that needs the coaxing and pushing style of team leadership that Shirty gives and maybe he's just riding poorly ATM.

I was only having a laugh about the power of the bike, Chill out man, I know for one thing when I watched him at Sheffield, He looked way more comfortuble on the Beta, I agree with you on Toni Bou though, He just has the secret of how to ride that bike wrapped round his little finger right from day 1, But I still think Dibs would be doing better if he hadn't of lost Jack Lee as a minder.