Which 2011 250?

leeross

Wow this subject AGAIN...

The BEST thing you can do is to try them both and see which you like best.

They will both be a million times better than most riders.

They are both brilliantly put together

They are both very easy to ride

They are both similar in price

As a result you cannot buy a bike based on peoples say so when you a) dont know them B) dont know what level they ride at c) you dont know how they look after and run their bikes (eg: someone might say 'xxxxx is a sh*t bike, dont touch it, they might have no idea on maintenance or riding or just be useless)

All you will get from asking on here is peoples opinions based on what they have

eg: Beta owners saying 'Beta is best, no problems. Gas Gas are poorly put together (a myth of old and NO longer a relevant reason not to buy one)

or

Gas Gas owners saying 'Gas Gas is best, no problems. Beta have problems with stators going all the time.

Find your local dealer and see if you can arange to ride them both.

If not go to a local trial and ask some riders about the bikes and if you can have a ride. Most are friendly enough and will let you have a little ride if you have the correct clothing etc. Ideally ride a bike of someone who seems to know what they are talking about and rides fairly well. This way you can hopefully ride a bike that is well set up and will run well.

Sorry for war and peace but there have been numerous 'what bike' threads on here which never gives you the right answer because no one can answer that other than you based on riding and seeing which feels best for you.

I've had both and both a brillian.

Good Luck

My son just received his 2011 Beta, and wow! The 2010 was an amazing bike, its hard to believe how much nicer the 2011 bike is.

hi steve. i had a 2010 evo and loved it! ive got a gasser now and love that too. what noteable improvments have you found on the 2011 evo?

The noticeable things that were changed are the rear shock settings, lower bars, the motor just seems to run smoother, hard to put a finger on any one of those, but riding one and getting on the other, Wow!! All I can say! oh and I really like the new longer levers too!

Edited by Steve Fracy

The first ossa I saw would not start when warm, as a result of it getting kicked to death it locked up and would not turn over. Three big guys managed to rock it free but this was this ones first time out! Allegedly the ecu had the wrong map and after a factory reprogramme now runs well.

Moral of the story I still want one but will wait till after the ssdt to see,