clutch master cylinder

hgas

going to fit a large clucth master cylinder and large hose to my bike any one ever done this ,is it easy to do ??got a rough idea could just do with a few pointers,many thanks in advance :thumbup:

I'll bite... what bike? I assume Pro?

What do you hope this will accomplish? I believe it is common knowledge that the bigger hoses allow more "expansion" of the lines, before xfer/delivery of fluids to the slave (miniscule, but worth noting I guess?).

if the clutch plates, and fingers aren't adjusted to spec, I dont know what you fix or gain, with "bigger" clutch master cylinder & hose, but wouldn't mind hearing what ya'll have in mind?

sorry yes its a pro,a friend has the same set up on his bike and i just like the feel of his clutch it seems alot lighter and more progressive,i dont know the ins and outs of it just thought it was something worth trying :)

sorry yes its a pro,a friend has the same set up on his bike and i just like the feel of his clutch it seems alot lighter and more progressive,i dont know the ins and outs of it just thought it was something worth trying :)

Check the settings of your clutch pack, I believe its simple to alter the feel of the clutch by altering the finger height via clutch pack thickness. There's some good how to vids on youtube from GasGas USA.

Also if you want a smooth clutch feel, polish the inside of the "top hat" with a dremel and some metal polish paste then once reasembled use Dot 5.1 brake fluid instead of dot 4 and obviously new seals in the top hat as the old ones swell with time :thumbup:

Want a really quick solution?

I did this with mine and wouldn't go back.

Move the lever inwards towards the centre of the bars so that your finger is operating the clutch closer to the end of the lever.

Greater length of lever equals easier action and greater travel for the same reaction of the clutch.

Done in 20 seconds too without getting oily fingers!

Andy.

Want a really quick solution?

I did this with mine and wouldn't go back.

Move the lever inwards towards the centre of the bars so that your finger is operating the clutch closer to the end of the lever.

Greater length of lever equals easier action and greater travel for the same reaction of the clutch.

Done in 20 seconds too without getting oily fingers!

Andy.

I second this

All things being equal a larger clutch master should make the pull harder and the clutch action faster. Which clutch master are you thinking of using?

If larger master cylinder meant larger piston in the Master cylinder you would be correct, however the pistons are the same size. I have been through all this with my gas gas.

the only difference I could find was the lever ratio is slightly different. The larger cylinder did make the clutch lighter but moving the lever down the bar will achieve a similar result and leave roughly

If larger master cylinder meant larger piston in the Master cylinder you would be correct, however the pistons are the same size. I have been through all this with my gas gas.

the only difference I could find was the lever ratio is slightly different. The larger cylinder did make the clutch lighter but moving the lever down the bar will achieve a similar result and leave roughly

Yes 100% correct Baldilocks. I thought he was referring to a master cylinder with a larger piston diameter. I know I was researching them when I wanted to make my clutch action faster. I landed up moving my perch closer to the bar ends which did the job of making it faster. Moving it further away from the bar end will make it slower and more progressive as everyone suggests.