Tarres starts new factory: Jota Gas

for artie

7X WC Jordi Tarres and Enduro ace Miki Arpa will head another new brand from Spain JotaGas.

JotaGas PR

A company will develop and enduro dirt bikes in Motorland

EFEZaragoza News, Feb. 17 (EFE) .- The company Jotagas (JTG) held at the Technology Park Motor Motorland TechnoPark in Alcaniz (Teruel), an innovative trial and enduro bikes to be marketed in the coming months, and could compete in world championships from these arrangements next year.

This was confirmed today at a press conference the company's president, Jordi Robinat, who has appeared along with the Minister of Industry, Government of Aragon, Arturo Aliaga, Jordi and pilots Tarr

Edited by for artie

with the state of the World economy and with Spain being one of the worst affected, I'm really struggling to understand where these new manufacturers that are springing up think they're going to make money. :unsure:

:blink:

Hmm, there's a bit more to this than meets the eye. I have the unfortunate experience of being involved in grant applications more than once. Jotagas/Jordi Robinat appear to have been given an academic/R&D grant by the Aragon govt provided said grant percolates it's way back to academia.

In other words don't expect this to go commercial. That would be a nice to have but not essential. Only about 1 in ten R&D grants actually goes commercial.

*edit* JT is a consultant to the "company" (he wants a slice of the dosh).

Edited by TooFastTim

:blink:

Hmm, there's a bit more to this than meets the eye. I have the unfortunate experience of being involved in grant applications more than once. Jotagas/Jordi Robinat appear to have been given an academic/R&D grant by the Aragon govt provided said grant percolates it's way back to academia.

In other words don't expect this to go commercial. That would be a nice to have but not essential. Only about 1 in ten R&D grants actually goes commercial.

*edit* JT is a consultant to the "company" (he wants a slice of the dosh).

Tarres is also a VERY good name to have onboard as he is known world wide in off road circles and if this comes to fruition will have lots of contacts and possible investors.

I hope this does happen, think it will be good for trials and enduro to have another manufacturer and will keep the others on their toes.

Below is a pic I saw from Jordi last year, only a teaser but interesting....

Except I cant insert the image.... anyone able to tell me how :dunce:

New website

Jotagas.com

The Enduro bike images are computer graphics, but the trials bike images appear to be real bits. The casting and machining are gorgeous. In fact, the investment in the casting makes it appear as if it is more than one off. Would be easy to see an off the shelf motor (maybe from Gas Gas) stuffed into a wonderful new chassis, and offered as high end limited editions.