Lighting/road kit

smiffy

Hopefully one day ill be able to offer advice instead of asking for it,but until then.

Has anyone fitted a road/light kit to their 315r,is it fairly straightforward,or would i need a manual?

Ive just bought one,because over here in France you need lights on all the time,and without a trailer at the moment im sure i can make it to the practice area ive found on a tank full.

Thanks in advance regards Andy.

I think I'm right in saying the 315 originally came with a lighting kit on. Mine certainly had a headlight and the remains of a Leonelli wiring loom. How hard will it be to fit a lighting kit ? - Depends on how many lights you need. A head light only would be a simple circuit. I can't imagine how you would go about fitting a tail / brake light to a trials bike - even a light weight LED enduro bike one would be too big and heavy, and would flap around like crazy. Indicators ? Horn ?

The wire from the lighting coils will be in the same sheathing as the ignition wire (ie the wires that come out of the ignition cover). Test the likely wire (it probably isn't connected to anything) by connecting it to a headlight bulb and earthing the bulb to the frame. Fire the bike up and see if the bulb lights. I'm sure you can work out the rest from there.

Montesa Manuals Here