Bully starting woes

tomtom385

Was wondering if any of you chaps could help out, went to start my 199A, NO GO. used to start piece of P***, full choke a couple of boots and she would she would start. but now will only start with little choke and no throttle, chuggs along for 30 secs and then dies. also dies if you twist the throttle, i am guessing that it is the pilot jet. Any thoughts????????????

Regards,

Tom,

cheers,

i fancy that i will go for the carb first, as thats the easier of the 2, dont think its the filter, its only done 8 hours since i rebuilt it. i must admit it feels like the carb as sometimes it wants to go, i reckon it would go with a bump, any ideas on how to get a teenage alien out of its pit to push his old man up n down the street, ha ha

I recently tried bumping my 325 in top gear, it wouldn't do anything apart from slide the back tyre along the tarmac! If you are going to try pushing, make sure you have plenty of speed and all your weight over the back wheel or you'll feel completely knackered and still have a bike that won't start...

Good luck

Cheers

Mick

I recently tried bumping my 325 in top gear, it wouldn't do anything apart from slide the back tyre along the tarmac! If you are going to try pushing, make sure you have plenty of speed and all your weight over the back wheel or you'll feel completely knackered and still have a bike that won't start...

Good luck

Cheers

Mick

Mick,

its a no go, little s*d wouldnt get out of pit, sides which, not good for his image if hair got a little ruffled. Kids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a the answer! :thumbup:

point = look up your ignition I think!

Look up your gap between the ignition contactors, should be 0,4mm.

Then look up timing, which should be 2,5 - 2,7mm befor TDC as I know, (TDC = top dead center of the piston).

As earlier as "crispier" the engine will run.

This is a the answer! :thumbup:

point = look up your ignition I think!

Look up your gap between the ignition contactors, should be 0,4mm.

Then look up timing, which should be 2,5 - 2,7mm befor TDC as I know, (TDC = top dead center of the piston).

As earlier as "crispier" the engine will run.

i don't know what this blokes on about but, do you know where your points are?

i don't know what this blokes on about but, do you know where your points are?

Oh You mean I did not got the point?

I just have to point out that in the world of translation the word point or pointss due have some different meanings, here are some, (not all):

point der Z