Exhaust Mid section Crushed

beeaj

I was out on riding with my mate and on a more challenging climb he flipped his bike which crushed the aluminium exhaust midsection, this happened to my bike when my nephew decided he was better than he is, I replaced mine with an older steel one. Can anyone tell me if a 2002 section would fit his 2005 250txt pro.

Also would the 2002 airbox unit fit his 2005 (it took a bashing too)

thanks

:thumbup:

I was out on riding with my mate and on a more challenging climb he flipped his bike which crushed the aluminium exhaust midsection, this happened to my bike when my nephew decided he was better than he is, I replaced mine with an older steel one. Can anyone tell me if a 2002 section would fit his 2005 250txt pro.

Also would the 2002 airbox unit fit his 2005 (it took a bashing too)

thanks

:thumbup:

The final muffler may have slightly different mounts (the 02' has a lower tab on the muffler) but nothing that can't be easily modified to fit.

The 02' airbox should fit but there are two differences: The 02' carb boot will only fit the round slide Dellorto and does not use the donut adaptor (the 03' on up boot fits the round slide Dellorto-using the donut- and the Keihin/Dellorto flat slide-with the donut removed).

The 02' airbox lacks the plastic shield over the filter so in wet weather, there is the possibility that water/mud flung up by the front tire will enter the front airbox inlet by going over the engine and then being injested by the engine. Using one of the shields that covers the area below the radiator will avoid this.

Jon