Van insurance

houseape1000

There is no logic to insurance calculations.

I once enquired about van insurance as I was thinking about a small Citroen. When they found out what I would be carrying they got a bit chairy saying that I could have a professional rider in the passenger seat which might involve large claims for loss of earnings in the event of an accident.

Leaving aside that any driver could have a high earning passenger in any vehicle, I pointed out that the only professional rider in Britain (at that time) was not an acquaintance and lived hundreds of miles away so the likelihood of their scenario was nil they came out with the "ah but" stuff.

They realised they had painted themselves in to a corner when I pointed out that they had happily insured me for twenty years to tow a three bike trailer and thus I could have had two professional riders in the car.

just got the quote for our octavia esatate which is due next week since we bought the car new in 2008 the premium has risen from 196 pa to 404 and all i've done is get 3 yrs older to have the thing third party only NO fire theft or repair risk for the insurer is only TEN QUID cheaper and yes i've done ALL the comparison sites.. insurance companies are ripping good customers off to pay for the liabilities of others..

• 1 month later...

I too have been insured with CVD for the last 6 years or so but this year they were too expensive even though I have accumalated as many years no claims with them. After shopping around a bit I found a company called www.insuremyvan.com They were

• 2 months later...

Hi all,

Finally just bought another van...hope it's better than the last one - head gasket blown same week as I bought it, but got my money back.

Anyways, I've been searching all over for cheap insurance doing all the usual comparison sites and such, the best price I got back was £725 but whan I actually spoke to them it was soon getting to £800 and beyond.

I tried and am now insured with Adrian Flux - TPFT - £640 with unlimited mileage and best of all I am covered for transporting the trials iron.

I noticed with some of the insurers that you're not covered for transporting a bike to an off road event/track and anything motorsport related.

53 Fiat ducato 2.3 mwb high roof.

Oh and thats with no no claims as I have them all (11 years) on the car.

Regards,

Andy.

Edited by houseape1000

• 1 month later...

When it comes to renewal time people have tended in the past to just renew and get on with it, carte blanche for the insurer they tended to lean on the pen at renewal time hoping people wouldn't notice, but money is tighter now and we have the tools to shop around. Recently bought a Caddy Tdi and a Audi A3 tdi, they all wanted an arm and a leg in the beginning then I shopped about and halved them almost. :icon_salut: