Picture of Beta 80

efi64

Can anyone post a picture of a big wheel 80 standing besides a full size Trials bike ?

I want to get an idea of the size of a 80 (never seen a 80 in person).

My 9 year old son is getting too big for his OSET 16.0, but the 80 might be too big for him.

Thanks.

When they came out I compared the 80 to a 2006 GasGas125 and they were similar. The "lowest" seat point on the Beta was actually a little bit higher so if he has trouble with a GasGas Pro then he'll be a little small still for the Big wheel 80.

efi64

you can assume that the Beta 80 is the same size as a full size Trials bike (and not much lighter either).

My son is 4.5 stone, 10 years old and small in stature and spent most of the first trial on the floor.

However after this he grew in confidence always standing up etc. etc.

Now i'd say that after maybee 10 hours on the bike its no worries... even on heavy cambers / climbs etc.

I guess the point is that its not just a size issue, its also confidence, clutch control, throttle control.

Happy to measure his height for comparison if it helps.

Dom

Edited by dombush

Although the Beta 80 has full size wheels & same seat height, it is about 3" shorter than an adult bike. This really helps with reach to the handlebars & makes the bike seem much smaller & lighter. We had our 10 year old on a Gas Gas 80 Rookie which is full size, then changed to the Beta. This was a huge improvement. Note - almost all National C riders use the Beta. Tip - cut 1/2" off handlebars to help with full lock turns until his arms get longer. Good luck.

Edited by nidom

• 2 months later...

My lad is 9 which puts him in D Class (born 10 days too late) and I'm thinking of getting him an 80cc bike too. He's only 4' 2" tall but quite strong for his size but I'm not sure how a big wheel Beta/Gasser/Sherco will 'fit'.

How tall/short are your kids and are they on the 19/17 wheels or the 21/18's?

Cheers...

I had a look at the Evo 80 at Acklams today but it was far too big for him.

Called in at the Ripon youth trial on the way home and noticed that the Junior bike with its medium wheels would mean he would be riding the harder route, no good for a beginner so I'm now looking for a 50cc rev 'n' go for this year to get him used to a bike. Maybe upgrade/upsize him next year, back to eBay for now!