skeptic

TL125 compatible triple clamp

The triple clamp (upper clamp) on my 1974 TL125 is broken. Where the bolt tightens, it fractured and separated on the side opposite the bolt. I don't think welding would work. What other makes/models would be compatible with the stock upper clamp/bridge?

• Dislike 1

The triple clamp (upper clamp) on my 1974 TL125 is broken. Where the bolt tightens, it fractured and separated on the side opposite the bolt. I don't think welding would work. What other makes/models would be compatible with the stock upper clamp/bridge?

Anyone?

• Dislike 1

Anyone?

Hi

I think SL ones are the same and probably XL of the same period, most of the small hondas had the same 31mm forks but the top clamps are wider on some models.

TLTEL

Might also be worth checking the Chinese copy's, must be lots of scrap one's of those kicking about.

TLTEL is correct. SL100 will fit but XL are wider, less offset on the XL. SL100 thru SL100K3 has product code 110. P/N is 53230-110-305.

They show up on EvilBay from time to time.

Scooter

TLTEL is correct. SL100 will fit but XL are wider, less offset on the XL. SL100 thru SL100K3 has product code 110. P/N is 53230-110-305.

They show up on EvilBay from time to time.

Scooter

Thank you.

I had the same thing happen on my '74 TL-125, and it was able to be welded. It took a bit of finish grinding to get it back to original dimensions, but the weld has been holding for about a year now. Take it to someone experienced in aluminum welding and it should not be a problem. --Cheers.