04 Triple Clamp for OS Handlebars?

paxdad

Now that I have everything sorted out and running good on my 04 125 what are my options available to run oversize bars?

Triple Clamp? Who has them?

Bar Clamps? Who has them that work with the fixed mounts on the 04?

Paxdad,

The sanitary way is to buy a new triple clamp. Not sure who has it, but someone probably does. RYP can surely help or at least give you a name. The budget way that works fine is what several Beta riders including myself did on our Rev3s. Buy a set of Pro Taper oversize bar adapters. They bolt on to the lower bar clamp. The set up looks fine and is absolutely no strength compromise. The clamps will raise the bar height 20mm. You can then run the bar bend that Pro Taper calls the Factory Suzuki/KTM bend. They are similar in width and sweep to a trials bend, but have a 20mm lower rise. With the cross bar pad, the clamps do not even show.

Are you an STRA member? Are you coming to Trackrock next weekend. I may already know you by your real name, but I can't remember who in the club rides a 125 Sherco.

Not a member yet. This is my first trials bike and just finished rebuilding the motor and getting some electrical issues worked out. I have a couple of buddies that are just starting as well so I am sure our paths will cross eventually as they have been to a couple of STRA events already. My name is Reid by the way.

Ron is correct about the Pro Taper adapters and bars. I have not owned them, but I have seen the installation and seems good at a little over $100 I think. Not sure who stocks them but may call Ryan.

The other route gets fairly expensive with the V-mar top clamp and mounts for about $180, thhen add the bars of choice.

Lewisport or Tec Cycles sell V-mar stuff.

There is a bloke in the UK currently making some adjustable top clamps for the Sherco. Not sure about the cost, as he has just completed the prototypes, look good though. Let me know if you are interisted and I'll put you in toutch. :rolleyes:

That would be me;.. top yokes I made are for 2011 ST don't knoe if they are samectrs etc for fork legs & spindle. I used to make bar clamps for both Fatbar & 7/8" bars I have a few (I think lying about the workshop) current bolt ctrs are 38 mm old ones (that I have are 40 ctrs) ,if I have and you pay postage I 'll send em over, let me know.

That would be me;.. top yokes I made are for 2011 ST don't knoe if they are samectrs etc for fork legs & spindle. I used to make bar clamps for both Fatbar & 7/8" bars I have a few (I think lying about the workshop) current bolt ctrs are 38 mm old ones (that I have are 40 ctrs) ,if I have and you pay postage I 'll send em over, let me know.

Appreciate the generous offer. Let me know how much postage you need and I will follow up with you. My postal (zip) code is 30041 if that helps with postage calculation.

we put fat bars on one of our early shercos.we used a gas gas pro top yoke and it fitted fine.the only thing we had to do was make a sleeve up for the steering head bolt.got the yoke of a s/hand bike and didnt cost us much.all you have to buy are the fat bar clamps.

The V-Mar clamps are nice clean well built units, plus they're made right here in the good old USA :icon_salut:

Leaning the Vmar direction. My son was riding it yesterday and bent the handle bars in a fall. Doesnt matter as I bought and built the bike to be ridden. Since this is my first trials bike the bent bars would have driven me crazy on my Mx bikes but somehow I don't seem to pay that much attention to the tweak in them as I am having too much fun on it just trying to balance!!!