247 Forl oil

keychange

Hi - just checked my forks and as I suspected my left oil was low - has been bouncing off to the left .... no sign of leaks but it has been 6 months or more since I checked - anyway my lousy Spanish manual says 190cc but it has been wrong before and this doesn't seem like much for a decent size fork - can anyone please confirm the front fork capacity for a 1976 Cota 247

My manual for my 348 also says 190cc/leg, I too thought this was a bit low, I just put 200ml in, it seems to work ok.

I also have another montesa manual that covers several models, and all the fork oil quantities are low, see p101 (it's a big file and may take a while to open):

http://bpilgrim.webs.com/montesa_service_repair_1965_75.pdf

Ben

The lousy Spanish manual you refer to is correct. 190cc's each leg. It really depends on what grade oil you put in there and the sort of riding you are doing. There are various grades of fork oil available but in the end it is up to you.

The lousy Spanish manual you refer to is correct. 190cc's each leg.

No offense intended when I say lousy it is poor image resolution and not all of the specs and capacities are clearly marked eg: on one page supposedly in the 247 section it indicates Gearbox, clutch and primary oil 900cc .... first time I tried that it made a hell of a mess.

Then again the Clymer TLR manual I have indicates engine oil .9 litres or

.98 US gallons ..... :(