Rear wheel

bultoboy

Hey boys and girls

I have recently had a big ish prang on my 76 sherpa and have slightly bent the rear rim and popped half a dozen spokes my hub also needs to be relinned

Does anyone Know of a reasonable person to straighten and rebuild the wheel and reline the hub?

Ideally bristol area but i will send off if needed also i could do with it being done asap as i have no other bike to ride.

Many thanks

James

Hey boys and girls

I have recently had a big ish prang on my 76 sherpa and have slightly bent the rear rim and popped half a dozen spokes my hub also needs to be relinned

Does anyone Know of a reasonable person to straighten and rebuild the wheel and reline the hub?

Ideally bristol area but i will send off if needed also i could do with it being done asap as i have no other bike to ride.

Many thanks

James

Hi James,

These guys seem to know what they are talking about Central Wheel Components Limited

8 & 9 Station Road

Coleshill

Birmingham

B46 1HT

United Kingdom

Telephone

+44 (0)1675 462264

Facsimile

+44 (0)1675 466412

General Information:

info@central-wheel.co.uk

General Sales:

sales@central-wheel.co.uk

Have a look at their website.

Hope it helps

Regards,

Tom,

Any engineering workshop worth its salt should be able to re-line your hub. Machine hub, machine liner (steel) so it's an interference fit with newly machined hub. Insert (press) new liner into hub. Drill a small hole, half of hole in liner other half in hub and press appropriately sized pin into hole.

Thanks for the info guys,

I have found a guy in bristol who is taking the work on for me, If he does a good job i will have plenty of over work for him.

Any idea which tyres are the best value for money?

currently run irc but they seem to be expensive next to some over brands

cheers

james

Thanks for the info guys,

I have found a guy in bristol who is taking the work on for me, If he does a good job i will have plenty of over work for him.

Any idea which tyres are the best value for money?

currently run irc but they seem to be expensive next to some over brands

cheers

james

The IRCs are the expensive trials tires? What would be cheaper (I'm afraid to ask...)?

Hi bultoboy

Would you recommend the guy who did your rear hub and wheel build? if so can you forward his details.

With thanks Noel

Hi mate

going to pick up the wheel today so i will let you know what i think over the weekend

cheers

• 2 weeks later...