Nationals (which class?)

jds2835

I posted this question im my local forum (AMA d-6) which gets very little traffic. I thought I would reach out to you guys for some advice...I plan to ride the PA and TN nationals this year and I'm not sure which class to sign up for. This will be my second year in trials and I ride the intermediate line at d-6 events. How do the NATC sportsman and support sections compare to the d-6 intermediate line?

I

I posted this question im my local forum (AMA d-6) which gets very little traffic. I thought I would reach out to you guys for some advice...I plan to ride the PA and TN nationals this year and I'm not sure which class to sign up for. This will be my second year in trials and I ride the intermediate line at d-6 events. How do the NATC sportsman and support sections compare to the d-6 intermediate line?

I’m leaning toward sportsman but I'm not sure. I hope to ride 5 events and qualify for year end points.

Thanks!

Your probably a class down from where you should be ability wise for the "Sportsman Class" If they have a "Clubman" line at those events, that might be the way to go as this is the easiest line. Other than scoring a lot of points, you could probably finish. Ck out mototrial.us

Edited by Kramit

I say go with sportsman, I ride int. Class and I had no trouble at all with any of the sections, they aren't as tight as d6 sections. Just fun riding

This may give you some guage, but generally the sections are set at a expert level, then some easy, some hard, so a good intermediate rider can get along in many sections. Much depends upon your comfort level. :rolleyes:

And you aggressiveness?

It is set up for sportsman to ride all sportsman and ex-sportsman to ride half of them, but if you have placed in the top 3 at any district event in intermediate then you should be fine, I'm just an average rider and I ride sportsman fine. Not any hopping or anything. (At least not at any n.y. events). Clubsman is more novice if you ask me, or a 3 line for vintage. My buddy rides nov. In d6 and he places middle of the pack. He rode the clubsman line and got 2nd first day and 1st second.

Im think im gonna try to ride clubman and I have a couple questions. Are any other senior amatuer riders from midwest planning on riding Clubman?I am hoping not to be embarrassed to bad. (However a lot of the senior amatuers still embarass me at times)

Also if i decide i cant ride not up to it can i downgrade to Homers minder and get a refund?

I probably won't make it to m.d., but the rest of them for sure, I'm having a few bike issues. Most senior riders ride the senior classes wich would be support line, but anyone can ride clubman. And I'm not so sure about refunds, I'm guessing its possible, I know I only wanted to ride a national to say I did it, now I'm hooked! It is amazing! I may consider riding clubman line on my 76 cota, that will be a treat!

If you are a local intermediate, I would recommend the clubman line. The sportsman line is between Advanced and Expert at local events.

AMA Rules

2011 AMA/NATC

SUPPLEMENTAL MotoTrial RIDING RULES

Rev: 1/10/2011 10:16 AM Page 2 of 13

1. RIDER REQUIREMENTS

A. Rider Qualifications:

1. Riders must be 10 years of age or older and of advanced or expert caliber, Riders of lesser skill shall ride

only the clubman class, novice or beginner riders shall not enter.

2. The entry secretary may request a resume of any rider

Not exactly on topic - But I thought I would mention to all our friends from South of the border, that we have the first two rounds of the WTC ( World Trials Canada) Championship on the May 21st long weekend, at Summerland BC - this is a beautiful spot in the Okanagan Valley. ( just North of the border)

There are no hidden fees or clubs to join - you just show up & pay the entry - $30 per day or $50 for both. - this also part of our Outlaw Series which has been going on for the past 24 years and the vintage (twin shock) event will run on the Monday. - for further details you can email daverhodes@shaw.ca

Im think im gonna try to ride clubman and I have a couple questions. Are any other senior amatuer riders from midwest planning on riding Clubman?I am hoping not to be embarrassed to bad. (However a lot of the senior amatuers still embarass me at times)

Also if i decide i cant ride not up to it can i downgrade to Homers minder and get a refund?

If they run the Clubman line up there, you will probably be fine, may take points, but a bruised ego is better than a bruised body!

If they run the Clubman line up there, you will probably be fine, may take points, but a bruised ego is better than a bruised body!

I noticed one rider who beats me more than i beat him had over 100 pts in oklahoma clubline last year wondering if oklahoma was tougher than most.

copemech are you riding?

In the 80's before minders, helper riders would enter an event to test the sections for their team riders. At the same time carry spares and drinks. You can ride Clubman, mind for Homer and its a great way to spectate.

Edited by Kramit

In the 80's before minders, helper riders would enter an event to test the sections for their team riders. At the same time carry spares and drinks. You can ride Clubman, mind for Homer and its a great way to spectate.

in a perfect world that would be great one problem though homer has one speed about a hundred i cant hardly keep up with him without riding the sections im so slow on the loop oftentimes on the third loop i wont catch up till section 5 or 6 whereever there is a bottle neck. That being said he doesnt need me im going to sign up for clubman.

I noticed one rider who beats me more than i beat him had over 100 pts in oklahoma clubline last year wondering if oklahoma was tougher than most.

copemech are you riding?

No John, out of shape, and money! :rolleyes: