Pre-65 Scottish

highland lassie

Posted on behalf of the P65 Organising Committee:

With just over one month to go before the 2011 Pre’65 Scottish Trial kicks off in Kinlochleven, the Committee are delighted to announce that Mary Driver will be our Guest of Honour. Secretary, Anne Gordon has had 7 withdrawals to date so, to the delight of the first 7 lucky reserve riders, they have secured a place in the trial. All arrangements for the event are progressing well and hopefully the sunshine we have booked will be able to make an appearance!

The message from Clerk of the Course, Bill Emmerson, is that due to the shorter course on Saturday a “Control” will be introduced on the course in an attempt to keep the trial moving at a steady pace and reduce queues. He also, reminded riders that practicing around any part of the course at any time is strictly forbidden and that the rules relating to fork length and stanchion diameter will be strictly adhered to. Failure to comply will result in immediate exclusion from starting the event so please check your bike to ensure that it does comply with the stated regulations before coming to Kinlochleven.

A potential problem with carburettors has come to light and competitors are reminded that the only version of Amal Concentric Carburettors eligible for the trial are the Mk1 version. The later Mk1 ½ are NOT acceptable.

Edited by Highland Lassie

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guy's

So does one of the committee know the difference between the Amal Mk 1, and the 1 1/2, carb??? And do the competitors??????????????????? :crying:

Regards Charlie.

I know nothing about such things, so can't comment, but presumably the fact that the committee have raised the matter means that they do know the difference. It was discussed last year on these very forums by P65 competitors, so presumably it's not completely unreasonable to expect them to know the difference.

Next!

:)

What is the rule on the fork length and stanchion diameter.

The diameter is 35mm i think. Not hear of the length rule.

Again, being completely P65 illiterate, I have no clue, but the info you want could be in the P65 Entry Pack....apologies if not, maybe someone who has entered and has the full regulations will be able to tell you more.

Hi Guy's

So does one of the committee know the difference between the Amal Mk 1, and the 1 1/2, carb??? And do the competitors??????????????????? :crying:

Regards Charlie.

Charlie from what I have read on the Pre '65 forums riders know chuffing everything from Carbs, Forks, Shocks, Barrels, Pistons and how many strands of wire you got in your throttle cable???? so I think if anyone has the incorrect item on their bike it will passed round park ferme faster than a game of Pass the Parcel in your local mosque!!

Hi Guy's.

From Amal!

Mark 1 1/2 Concentric Series Carburetter Types - were virtually identical to the Mark 1 series, except in that the tickler and air slide cold start enrichment's were replaced by a cold start system having its own fuel and air supplies, separate from those of the main carburetter. Body and bore sizes are as for the Mark 1 range. The main market for the product range was on Spanish motorcycles, although a few were used on very late model Triumph engines.

Yes But, can these not be disguised????? <_<

Regards Charlie.

You know what all this what you can and what you can't put on your bike is putting me right off Trials.

Just put what the **** you want on your bike and ride the ******.

This is 2011 not 1904.

You know what all this what you can and what you can't put on your bike is putting me right off Trials.

This is 2011 not 1904.

You don't ride Pre65 so why are you worrying about it

A MK1 1/2 carb is the same as a MK1 but with a choke fitted, this makes for easier starting, saves overpriming & seeing precious petrol running over the gearbox & onto your boots & the floor.

There are some bikes using the MK1 1/2 carb but I understand that they are no longer available new.

What sense does it possibly make to ban them?

sense

sense... :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

That's a word that doesn't belong in the same sentence as Pre65 and eligibility (not just the Scottish event before anyone accuses me of it. In general)

As regards the Scottish, it's interesting to think how they are going to police their above statement about forks and carbs. Tape measures to check the length of forks, verniers to check the diameter and every MK1 Amal inspected to make sure it isn't a 1.5. There's an awful lot to check on each bike, plus comparing them to the photographs provided with the entry form

Scrutineering to start at 3am both days...??

This is 2011 not 1904.

Then it would be modern trials!

What was so special about 1904?