Newbie in Colchester area

jakeblues68

Good day ladies and gents,

I am fairly new to riding trials bikes but have been a road bike rider for 25 years.

A group of mates used to meet at Croft trials club (North Yorkshire) on a saturday to basically have fun and improve our bike control skills.

I am now moving from North Yorkshire to Colchester in Essex and was wondering if there are any similar facilities in the Colchester area?

I have a Dave Cooper rack fitted to the car so don't mind some travelling.

It would be good to meet up with like minded individuals and groups in Coli, hey I may even pluck up the courage to attempt a trial one day ;-)

Kind regards

Pete

Hi Pete - welcome to the flat lands !! I am a little further up the A12 (in Suffolk) but ride from time to time at Poles Wood near Brentwood/Ingatestone, which isnt too far from you and i would imagine it would be your closest place. I will PM you the details, its

Hi Pete

There are practise sessions at Raydon just up the A12 from Colchester held every other sunday if no trials are being held at the venue. It's an old gravel pit with loose sand and exposed tree roots so no Yorkshire rocks !! :thumbup:

The Tuesday night is run by the ipswich club, it should start after the Scottish six day trial in may. 5 pound a session. A nice friendly bunch turn out for about 6 pm.

Is there a preferred contact number for the Tuesday night or just turn up and pay to play?

• 2 months later...