2009 Beta Evo 290 Fork seals leaking after new fork fluid!

pillar

So I had my bike fully freshened up a couple months ago. I went to use it for the first time last weekend and both fork seals were leaking!! ;-(

All we did was fresh oil in the forks for that portion of the tune up. The fork seals were not leaking before!

What could cause this? I removed the dust covers and cleaned that area out. I also took a thin firm paper and ran it around the fork seal to get any crap out of there. It worked for a bit and then started leaking again.

I usually keep the bike on a stand with the wheels in the air when not riding it. I took it off the stand now so its just resting on it's own weight now.

Any suggestions??

I would suggest that if you didn't use the height measurement way of adding fluid, you may want to try that; you may have added too much fluid. Who did the work Chad?

Spencer

Edited by Spenser

I would suggest that if you didn't use the height measurement way of adding fluid, you may want to try that; you may have added too much fluid. Who did the work Chad?

Spencer

Hey Spensor, Ted B did the work. He just put a new fork seal in his, now he has a slow leak!! What is he doing wrong?? Now I'm paying for it! lol

Thanks

Hey Spensor, Ted B did the work. He just put a new fork seal in his, now he has a slow leak!! What is he doing wrong?? Now I'm paying for it! lol

Thanks

I will give Ted a call to see if anything stands out. I would not really expect that Ted would have a problem with the seals, but I have found that some people have not given the fluid level quite the attention that it needs.

Spencer

I will give Ted a call to see if anything stands out. I would not really expect that Ted would have a problem with the seals, but I have found that some people have not given the fluid level quite the attention that it needs.

Spencer

Ok thanks. Ya, Ted knows these bikes pretty gd. Might be something minor. If there was a bit too much oil added, that would cause this to right?