bsa b40

jamese.82

hello! just thought i would share a picture of my bsa b40. been in my family for 20 years and i know 2 of the previous owners. just got it back from having some essential modifications. see if you can spot the obvious ones! I would love to start doing some 'miller' rounds or perhaps traditional trials rounds, but need to register it........... any pointers will be very much appreciated. cheers

bsab402011010.jpg

simply put... get bike mot'd, get some one to date your bike owners club etc on headed paper, then get insurance best via a local broker who'll most likely give you a cover note there and then based on the frame no.

get down your local dvla office stand in line ( take a paper you ll be there a couple of hours) give all the above to the very pleasent person behind the counter.. then either they ll issue you with a date related none transferable no. there and then complete with tax disc OR they might request a nice man visit your home address to examine said bike if alls okay the stuff comes in the post OR a nice man might come out to the dvla car park and view said bike and you might get a no. there and then or have to wait for the postman to deliver.

technically there is no compulsion to examine the bike but ertain offices insist (leeds) others couldnt care less ( manchester) certainly i have in the recent past rung a bike up on sunday evening sent a photo and a rubbing of the frame no. on mon am and had them back on weds am gpt an mot and insurance that morning and had a registered bike by tea time weds. ( at manchester) Be nice very nice at the dvla.. they can make your visit easy or very difficult.

if you have an inkling of what the reg no. might be just write asking for a log book, you never know your luck ( its worked before for me i took the reg no. from a clymer manual i got with the bike!)

Edited by totalshell