Tiger Cub Decoke

tony283

Having seen the results from the wife's rock tumbler I thought I would try something similar to decoke the head and piston of the Cub. I took a standard 8 shot Eley clay cartridge and emptied the contents through the plughole, refitted the plug and started her up. As expected there were a couple of muffled explosions and then it ran fine and sounded like the rock tumbler. I set the idle up a bit and went off for a coffee. When I came back it had stopped. The head and piston are spotlessly clean although both have a "dimpled" finish a bit like a golf ball.

Having put it all back together it still won't go, could it be the timing?

Tony

Dont really know what the problem could be only ever tried the shot gun cartridge decoke method on two strokes< only difference is i remove the reed valve and empty cartridge contents in there always worked really well,The only problem i have had is with the people behind me in the que's at the next trials.Gary

I can see Garry's problem with doing this on a 2 Stroke as there is no way to contain the lead shot and let it do its work. It will surely all go out the exhaust port but of course will do a good job sorting out the silencer. I don't see it as being an improvement over a Holland & Holland or Purdey but I suppose you could multi-choke the tailpipe and then have something for both ground game and partridge and if all else fails you could use it as a trials bike.

Mine did run well on the leaded fuel!

Tony