Caveat emptor?

gronno

A question for you,I'll be pretty sparse on the nitty gritty, don't want to be acused of slagging anyone off but it's a bit of a moral dilema which I'd appreciate an unbiased view on.

Ordered some parts for the bike the other day, quite expensive in the UK but found a good price from the US, even including shipping and possible import tax. The contents of the kit was exactly the same as UK supplied and shown and listed on their web site in detail, same maker the works. Checked the price of the kit with the US supplier, all good and paid up over the phone. Problem; the kit turned up minus head and gaskets (barrel, piston, gudgeon pin and bearing supplied fine). Queried this with the supplier, turns out the US importer had supplied them with duff info (US importers web site was wrong)and I would need to buy a head seperately, they offered a special deal on a S3 head but didn't say what the price would be. I pointed out that I'd ordered and paid for a complete kit as detailed on their site and expected a head and gaskets to be forth coming. Am I being unreasonable? I realise that this is not directly my suppliers fault but then I don't think I should be stumping up for a head as well.

What do you guys think?

Too bad about the mixup. I think if you ordered the part from a established trials source, its just an unfortunate and honest mistake. I think it would be reasonable to ask for a refund and and return the parts. (They should pay for shipping) But to insist they send you a head for free, seems aggressive to me. I would ask them what they had in mind for the price of a s3 - hopefully a good enough deal to avoid sending back the other parts.

A question for you,I'll be pretty sparse on the nitty gritty, don't want to be acused of slagging anyone off but it's a bit of a moral dilema which I'd appreciate an unbiased view on.

Ordered some parts for the bike the other day, quite expensive in the UK but found a good price from the US, even including shipping and possible import tax. The contents of the kit was exactly the same as UK supplied and shown and listed on their web site in detail, same maker the works. Checked the price of the kit with the US supplier, all good and paid up over the phone. Problem; the kit turned up minus head and gaskets (barrel, piston, gudgeon pin and bearing supplied fine). Queried this with the supplier, turns out the US importer had supplied them with duff info (US importers web site was wrong)and I would need to buy a head seperately, they offered a special deal on a S3 head but didn't say what the price would be. I pointed out that I'd ordered and paid for a complete kit as detailed on their site and expected a head and gaskets to be forth coming. Am I being unreasonable? I realise that this is not directly my suppliers fault but then I don't think I should be stumping up for a head as well.

What do you guys think?

that would expalin the differnce in price, without having a link to supplier it's hard to judge.

this is what I found on a google search from one US gasgas parts supplier:

Kit includes: Re-plated cylinder, new genuine GASGAS piston, piston rings, piston pin, clips, necessary gaskets and seals. Piston pin bearing sold separately.

The description was "kit includes cylinder, piston kit, cylinder head and gaskets as well as easy to follow instructions."

FWWI: If thats a 225 kit - the dealer would be the one who is responsible for the screw up.

How much did you save over the UK supplier? Honest mistakes happen, and I would think you can return the goods at no cost, yet at the same time I doube that the will give you the store to make you happy. Either work out a fair deal or send it back. Fair is fair.

What do you guys think?

....or put it down to stupidity to think that you could buy the same thing in the states made in europe for less?

....or put it down to stupidity to think that you could buy the same thing in the states made in europe for less?

Thanks for the ignorant and offensive reply. It is extremely common to be able to buy parts from the US cheaper than can be found in the UK, even European manufactured items.

Thanks for the ignorant and offensive reply. It is extremely common to be able to buy parts from the US cheaper than can be found in the UK, even European manufactured items.

not trials parts it aint.

perhaps if you want something again you would support the British buisness that keep this site supported and allow you to moan about your naievety in public.