S3 Championship Chris Carter Results

telecat

Just a small side note. I have noted that Some riders have been taken out of the Main results and classed as N/C due to "late" entries taken up as a result of other riders not being able to take the start. This appears to be due to "other riders" raising objections. Now I do know that other nationals have had "late entries" due to similar situations of "Force Majeaur" and those entries have counted in the results. Much as some riders may feel that these riders would "harm" their chances in the Championship, I would have thought that "any" rider who only does a few "local" rounds would do that anyway so they should have to live with it. On this Occasion the entry is always over subscribed due to so many "locals" having known Chris Carter and riding in memory of him.

Not sure why people would complain about late entries being included in results. Plus, Of the four, two didnt count for points and the other two were outside of top 15 so not going to effect championship much!

Looks like one rule for y&g riders and 1 rule for others

i have not heard of this rule before, maybe one for the acu steward to answer

Given One at least one of the riders does ride "for" Y&G and the ACU Steward appears to have been consulted that comment is a little "incorrect".

just saying how it could look to an outsider ?

Dont forget that this trial is in the memory of Chris Carter, and that is why most of the riders were there,

i did have the plesure of knowing Chris along with his family, and nothing in my mind should spoil this Day

Absolutely NOTHING to do with what club the riders concerned rode for or whom the result affected.

We received two objections (one officially) and the decision was left to the ACU Steward (NOT THE CLUB).

There is a massive amount of work goes into this Trial (as with all such events) but also a great deal of emotion still and always associated with Chris's memory.

Aside from the protest and exclusion from the results of the riders concerned (absolutely not at the wish of the Club or of Maragret Carter as Secretary) the event was once again an outstanding success bathed in brilliant sunshine all day.

Thanks to all concerned.

Caroline

Andrew_Carter.Mike_Hinch.James_Dabill.Margaret_Carter.jpg.jpg

And let's have a picture of the winner!!!

From Left to right Andrew "AC" Carter, Mike Hinch, Yeadon Guiseley Club President, James Dabill and Margaret Carter.

Edited by Telecat

Absolutely NOTHING to do with what club the riders concerned rode for or whom the result affected.

We received two objections (one officially) and the decision was left to the ACU Steward (NOT THE CLUB).

There is a massive amount of work goes into this Trial (as with all such events) but also a great deal of emotion still and always associated with Chris's memory.

Aside from the protest and exclusion from the results of the riders concerned (absolutely not at the wish of the Club or of Margaret Carter as Secretary) the event was once again an outstanding success bathed in brilliant sunshine all day.

Thanks to all concerned.

Caroline

Well said Caroline, Shame about the riders and the one who protested as it seems to have not permeated to the other National championships. Perhaps somebody taking things a bit too seriously.