Six Day trial

seanus100

Was thinking of a trip to Scotland to watch the Six day this year, is it allowed for spectators to take there bikes to go and watch some of the remote sections or is this not allowed.

If this is allowed were are the best places to go and watch, please advise

Thanks

Was thinking of a trip to Scotland to watch the Six day this year, is it allowed for spectators to take there bikes to go and watch some of the remote sections or is this not allowed.

Thanks

Many follow on bikes ON THE ROAD ONLY, can be good fun and much easier to park.

Only officials & riders are allowed off road.

Thanks

Yes come and see the greatest trial on the planet, but please do not bring an off-road bike to follow round, road bike yes, no problem, but take care as the roads the trial runs over can be quite narrow and two way traffic with passing places is common.

No point following round on a trials bike as spectators are not permitted to follow the event off-road as the ground used in the event is private property. Anyone following on private property will seriously jeapordise future events.

Big John

Yes come and see the greatest trial on the planet, but please do not bring an off-road bike to follow round, road bike yes, no problem, but take care as the roads the trial runs over can be quite narrow and two way traffic with passing places is common.

No point following round on a trials bike as spectators are not permitted to follow the event off-road as the ground used in the event is private property. Anyone following on private property will seriously jeapordise future events.

Big John

+1 Please, please do not be tempted to take you bike as John says the off road is for riders and officials only.

This is talked about every year and some choose to ignore the impact to the trial could be severe all it needs is one land owner to turn round and say ''sorry I saw some bikes crossing my land that shouldn't be and on that note you can forget about using my land ever again''

Please come to the SSDT plenty of sections you can see on foot and a big road bike is a blast up there, brilliant biking roads and you can park much closer to the sections :thumbup:

Edited by GIZZA5

i've just bought a scooter so that i can get about on the six day and pre 65, dont intend to go off road at all but the bike will get me a lot closer to the action than having to park up to a mile down the road etc. it'll also be a cheaper day out than having to haul 2 tonnes of renaults finest around the highlands plus the wind in my hair and midges in my teeth will guarentee that i dont forget the holiday.. see you there!!