Tires for Sherpa 125 trials bike?

sam

I'm looking for tires for a Sherpa 125 trials bike, I have been told there are none on this planet available.

That's about it. I had a look at a clean 125 in NZ but walked away when I found that you can't get tyres.

what sizes ?

If memory serves 20" and 17". If it's any help the Montesa Cota 123 uses the same sizes.

Edited by TooFastTim

Yes, 20" and 17"

I've no idea of the availability of tyres but isn't it possible to rebuild normal rims onto the hubs, or fit 175/250/350 Sherpa wheels (I'm assuming the rest of the bike, frame, forks, are full size, not scaled down)

Yes, 20" and 17"

I've no idea of the availability of tyres but isn't it possible to rebuild normal rims onto the hubs, or fit 175/250/350 Sherpa wheels (I'm assuming the rest of the bike, frame, forks, are full size, not scaled down)

Woody, the 17" rear tyre is a tight squeeze as standard. The whole bike is scaled down.

Woody, the 17" rear tyre is a tight squeeze as standard. The whole bike is scaled down.

Matt at Speed and Sport said he got a 21/18 combination to work. Sam might want to call him (or email), if he hasn't already.

You wouldn't think an 18in would work but it might. Here's a Montesa 123 with 21/18.

775ca315.jpg

I would suspect the Bultaco would be the same, nice feature is the swingarm pivot helps keep the tire clean. :ph34r: