Fork seals?

sam

Have a 2006 Sherco that I have replaced the fork seals on twice, they both leak right away. One tube had some small dings that i smoothed out with emery cloth, still no luck, The fork legs them selves look in good shape.

What should I do? :blink:

Copemech,

I took real care when changing them the second time, the tubes appear to be smooth, I did hit some nicks with 400 emery cloth. I'm begging to second guess myself, the seal goes in with the beveled side down and the round spring facing up? The seals were purchased from RYP for a 2006 Sherco inwhich has the Paioli forks. Paioli forks are stock for 2006 models?

My fork seal instulation process is, after cleaning/inspection apply grease to both edges of seal and then drive in with my PVC seal driver. I have changed numerous seals with no problem. My friend who ownes the bike is flustrated and so am I, just seems like the wrong size seal. The funny thing is both seals leak simultaneously. :(

Zippy says I'm putting them in upside down! :huh:

Can someone please confirm if the round springy thingy that is integrated in the seal faces up or down? :huh:

If I am putting them in upside down I will take back up drinking :beer: