07 300 clutch

gasgasmi

My 07 300 pro is having clutch issues. The lever will pull about half way and then it's like it catches on something. Just stops and you can't pull it any farther. So far it comes back if I just play with a bit. Don't wanna have that happen in a section. Seems like this may have been a topic a while back but I couldn't seem to find it. Anybody help me with an answer?

Craig

The 1st sentence you type would indicate that the clutch basket bolt has backed out and is preventing the top hat from traveling all the way in to collapse the spring. Not sure about what is happening when you are playing with it to make it work. Other than the bolt, I would make sure there is lever free play at the master cylinder and its operating smoothly.

The free play seems to be good. If it were the bolt it doesn't seem like it would work perfect then just lock up and back to perfect. I haven't taken anything apart yet, was hoping I wasn't the first person to run into this. Can't tell from the feel if it's in the master or the slave area. If I can catch it when I have a wrench handy I'll open the bleeder and that would perhaps show me which end to look at.