Shopping?

mexmex

Is there commercial area in the parking lot? What I can find there normally? Any chance they accepting CC's or I should bring cash?

And non Trial related item, but one that I should not come back home without it! A (very) good bottle of single malt whiskey!

Is there any good shop in town? If not, is there any on the way?

Those days, I cannot wait to the duty free shops in the airport 'cos they are not allowing liquids on board. have to buy it before...

See you on Friday after noon!

Whilst i cannot answer the first question for sure, last time i visited the ssdt was in 2005 there was small amount of traders selling trials related gear, but for the whisky there is quite a few shops in and around fort bill which will have many a good single malt to be found, but beware the price difference can be vast !! depends on what you call a very good malt !! as the local Morrisons will be cheaper than the highstreet shops for most good single malts ie jura, glenmorrangie etc,

There are a number of good retail dealers set up in the parc ferme area plus the main distributors or manufactures are also there. You should be able to get anything you need and most if not all will accept credit cards.

There's plenty of places to get a good single malt to or you could by a bottle of the special SSDT whisky if you want something a bit different.

for us to use most credit cards abroad it costs to use them so cash is always best for me when going abroad..see you soon..like the guys say plenty of chances to spend money. Before buying any whisky have a word with Marie if not me (remember the tent observers) see you soon.

Getting excited now, eh?? Remember what I said many weeks ago (look back to find it) but remember now for one last time, give it a go for all its worth and finally, folks there will be able to HELP, nobody is going to knock you back or discourage you; it's the best sport for camaraderie you will find. It's hard graft, but oh so worth it.

Good luck and enjoy it - hope all the comments on TC have helped a little bit. Don't know about others but every SSDT feels a little bit like your first as you are never quiet sure what the week will bring. I think anybody who has finished a few is more than willing to help so never be afraid to ask as it is a little bit special.

PS

Don't be too busy to miss out on the scenery

Good luck and enjoy it - hope all the comments on TC have helped a little bit. Don't know about others but every SSDT feels a little bit like your first as you are never quiet sure what the week will bring. I think anybody who has finished a few is more than willing to help so never be afraid to ask as it is a little bit special.

PS

Don't be too busy to miss out on the scenery

...or the craic,