txt280 leaking fluid from stator side

markwoodlief

Saw some tranny fluid on my shop floor and couldnt figure out where it was coming from. Changed the fluid, put in a new crush washer, and it was still leaking. Finally found that it was leaking out of the side cover on the stator side of the motor.. :(..

wp_000036-L.jpg

The bike is a 2010 Econo model with about 20 hours on it total. Any thoughts on what would cause this?

Saw some tranny fluid on my shop floor and couldnt figure out where it was coming from. Changed the fluid, put in a new crush washer, and it was still leaking. Finally found that it was leaking out of the side cover on the stator side of the motor.. :(..

wp_000036-L.jpg

The bike is a 2010 Econo model with about 20 hours on it total. Any thoughts on what would cause this?

Looks like theres water in with the oil as well, I'm guessing a gasket/O ring has gone and coolant has pressurised the oil system and forced it out of the left hand crank case seal? Head gasket/O rings leaking, water ump leaking? Some one more knowledgable will be along shortly I'm sure.

First of all as Gronno mentioned there seems to be water in that oil.

Are you sure it is not leaking from the gasket that joins the two case halves?

positive, as that puddle appeared after I took the side cover off.. it was a slow drip, then i loosened the bolts and took the cover off and it came spilling out,, ;(..

going to drop it at the stealership this morning, i actually trust my local gasgas dealer so assume theyll get it figured it short order. I'll report back what the findings are..

Case bolts.. 1 was totally out and 1 was about 1/2 way unscrewed.. it's a freaking maricle that the one that was loose didnt get into my stator or anything else.. amazing actually.. Skagit Powersports took it apart, checked it all out, and put the bolts back in as well as checked everything else.. I gave it a good 2 hour flogging today and shes back in good form.. :thumbup:

So.. about 20 hours total on my brand new bike.. bad front wheel bearings and loose case bolts.. wonder if the non econo models are any better with specs?