ossa tr280 any problems

shercomike290

Youll get a better answer to that question by asking at your local trial or bike shop , than here.

This website is ace and run very strictly.Any criticism of manufacturers is frowned upon unless that criticism is 100% known to be true. After all, gossip on possible issues can help to stop sales when there may be no problem after all.Therefore people wont speak out loud and give you much of an answer unless they have the proof , and a bike so young hasn't really had much use.. :icon_salut:

I for one think the new OSSA is super duper, but me stable is full.

Edited by gasgas249uk

Youll get a better answer to that question by asking at your local trial or bike shop , than here.

This website is ace and run very strictly.Any criticism of manufacturers is frowned upon unless that criticism is 100% known to be true. After all, gossip on possible issues can help to stop sales when there may be no problem after all.Therefore people wont speak out loud and give you much of an answer unless they have the proof , and a bike so young hasn't really had much use.. :icon_salut:

I for one think the new OSSA is super duper, but me stable is full.

What a load of B*!!*(ks

The sight is run fairly

There are lots of partial and impartial views in every bike forum on the site. I'm sure the owner and the moderators would agree that one of the benefits of Trialscentral is the information that can be shared amongst the trials community.

Every model from every make has it's faults.

Will a Gas Gas or Beta or Montesa or Scorpa dealer give a fair view of any other marques? Would you spend your hard earned cash on a new bike then say it was rubbish? Even if you didn't like it you'd want to sell it so wouldn't list faults.

I have heard there were initial problems with the Ossa 280's but i was in Scotland, they sounded lovely all week, they seemed to grip like crazy, or was that the riders.

I haven't counted how many entered compared to how many finished but they all seemed to be going very well.

Read some earlier threads, they seem to be on top of development and not afraid to make changes

Edited by windlestone

The sight is run fairly

Thank you! :)

I don't think it's strict at all (apart from selling and bloody text talk :wall:)

I do ask that things posted are true though as rumour can do a lot of harm and gets me unnecessary grief from importers etc who don't realise that opinions stated are those of the poster, not those of TC :rolleyes:

Thinking of buying an ossa tr 280, are there any issues with the bike. help please

Try a 'search' then you can avoid stirring up a hornets' nest :icon_salut:

HERE

Edited by HAM2

Thinking of buying an ossa tr 280, are there any issues with the bike. help please

I had one of the first TR280's and found it excellent quality finish and design,I think the finish is better than the other makes available.

also very easy to ride and does grip better than anything else i have ridden before.

Have a Fajardo Replica now but have not had the chance to ride it yet to compare.

I think the main issue with Ossa in the UK is the distribution/import with no real back up and marketing that seems to be non existent but then again they have only just got electrickery up north :rolleyes:

I have only ridden a friends machines (one of the first ones to arrive)- have to say that its one of the nicest 2 strokes I have ridden but too early to say how the engine will feel once fully run in.

My observations are - poor steering lock (to lock) - can be modded to increase this though.

Can be a pig to start - its a deffo technique of no throttle required which is hard to accept and get used to, plus my friend has since had the mapping altered by the importer (Who btw is doing a good job with these new machines contry to that said by an earlier reply)so his bike could be now better at starting.(not tried since)

2 of my mates who have them think they are the dogs wotsits.

The ride is as good as anything else out there.

Good quality and well thought out.

I applaud Ossa with this machine - it deserves sucess. They need the alternative engine sizes to widen its appeal imo.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

GAW.

Thanks for all the input, went up to AB MOTORCYCLES in Merthyr tydfil today and and done the deal with Barrie. While i was there barrie phoned nigel birkett and asked about the ossa on the scottish and he said all the ossa's they prepared finished no probs, so im now the proud owner of a tr280i. Ill keep you posted.