amal carb

bondy

hi guys just back of my trials hols. ive had problems with the amal carb on my 199A this came with the bike its oiling the plugs up affter a few trials. because its runing to rich ive tryd the air screw ive put new pilot jet in new air fiter still the same can anybody help

Did you check to see if the float level is too high?

cheers,

Michael

hi michael no i havant checked the flot what ham i looking for i mean how do i see if it not set right? if it is the flot would that give me problems with the air screw? because when i turn it out even all the way out wich should make the fuel leaner it dosant just stays the same and is smoky ive put new pilot jet in only because the other was the wrong size all the rest are ok and i replaced the fillter because it was really dirty prayed the fillter with pj1 still the same the bike runs well till the plug gets oild up and dies im puting the right oil in so its not that 50 to 1 and im useing casrol scooter 1 2 scroke oil dosant say on the lable if its semi or full so looked on he net it says its a semi so cant be that ive got a bing carb on my other bult so when i get time ill try it see if it makes any diffrance cheers