Restoration finally finished!

max

Hi all,

Just thought I'd share some before and after images of my Sherpa project bike i have been slowly bringing back to better than new condition.

Everything has been restored , re-finished or rebuilt - including all frame parts, cycle parts and engine. It now has electronic ignition too which is great. Apart from the powder coat and re-chrome it has all been done with my very novice hands, and has been a bit of a labour of love!

The bike was my fathers from nearly new and has covered under 300 miles, so was ripe for a resto job.

The first photos show the condition it was in when i dragged it out from the back of the garage and the latter photos show it as it is now.

I'm very happy with the result, let me know what you think.

Cheers,

Max

BikeRHS.jpg

BikeLHS.jpg

IMG_1882.jpg

IMG_1885.jpg

IMG_1892.jpg

IMG_1890.jpg

IMG_1888.jpg

IMG_1887.jpg

IMG_1889.jpg

:thumbup::popcorn:

Very nice restauration, my respect for the reconstruction of this bike.

you did some "improvement/changes" to the original set up, which is up to the owner to do so. In my personal view I would do two things, first mount the speedo again and second try to look up some original fenders - I know they are quite expensive but they would fit very good to the appearance of the motorcycle. The plastic one's you can use for dirt biking / trial riding, the alloy one's for showing up and "getting bagels from the bakery".

I like the gas filler cap, that is a cool one.

Any plans what to do with the bike?

Edited by PSchrauber

:thumbup::popcorn:

Very nice restauration, my respect for the reconstruction of this bike.

you did some "improvement/changes" to the original set up, which is up to the owner to do so. In my personal view I would do two things, first mount the speedo again and second try to look up some original fenders - I know they are quite expensive but they would fit very good to the appearance of the motorcycle. The plastic one's you can use for dirt biking / trial riding, the alloy one's for showing up and "getting bagels from the bakery".

I like the gas filler cap, that is a cool one.

Any plans what to do with the bike?

Thanks very much for the kind comments.

The fenders were plastic, not alloy, for the 1975 model 150 that this is. I have photo's of the bike as it left the dealer.

The filler cap on the UK spec 'Homerlite' tank is also original and as it was produced in the UK.

This bike was so original before i started the strip down that every single bolt was still the original Bultaco stamped items.

I have moved the speedo to the centre of the handle bars - The Renthal bars with the brace make it s very tight fit, but

it is now OK.

The only mod is the new improved Bultaco UK electronic ignition from Dave Renham. Apart from that every part (excluding rubber parts, gaskets etc) is original.

I plan to road register and MOT the bike, so i can go for a blasts on sunny afternoons and play around.

I have more modern Beta Zero and GasGas TXT to play on in the mud and also sportsbikes (GSXR 1000 road bike and GSXR 750 track bike) that keep me very busy. I'm sorry to say this one may be a bit of a garage queen, for now anyway!

Cheers,

Max

Gorgeous restoration well done I hope you ride the bike.

I will do - i just need to get over the paranoia of scratching it for the first time!! The tank took me 2 blooming weeks of prep and paint alone!

Hi max: That is a very nice work done in that bike. I have a 150 model exactly like yours, it is a great bike. I enjoy much those 250cc. Bultaco engines, very soft and easy to ryde. Congratulations for the work.

Some pics of my model 150.

Hi max: That is a very nice work done in that bike. I have a 150 model exactly like yours, it is a great bike. I enjoy much those 250cc. Bultaco engines, very soft and easy to ryde. Congratulations for the work.

Some pics of my model 150.

Hola!

That looks great too. Is that a Sammy Miller pipe?

Do you have a contact for the alloy mud guards?

Cheers,

Max

Hi Max: I have just sent you a PM with some places where you can find the mudguards, both in the UK and in Spain.

If you are going to use the bike I advice you to move the rear mudguard slightly rear or your back will end full of mud and wet, and also cover the front gap between the mudguard and swing arm to avoid mud and water coming front to the carburettor etc. Just have a look to these pics to see the difference and also you can see what I put to close that gap:

Edited by Greeves

I will do - i just need to get over the paranoia of scratching it for the first time!! The tank took me 2 blooming weeks of prep and paint alone!

Pleased to learn that you will ride it. I am currently working my way through a Model 124 which as you will know is almost the same as your bike, it too has the Homerlite tank fitted.

Edited by TrialsRfun