Techno rear wheel bearing replacement

tufty

I'm pretty mechanically minded, honest, but I just can't figure how to get the wheel bearings out of my 98 techno rear. Did the front but at the rear there seems to be two alloy spacers either side that must go into the bearings. They won't budge (I haven't gone too mad, yet) Anyone explain, please?

I did the back wheel on my Rev 3 yesterday with exactly the same problem, being a builder I use an expanding rawlbolt thats almost the same size as the internal of the spacer then drill a hole in a piece of flat bar to fit over the threaded end of the rawlbolt put the nut on and tighten it all up you can then tap the under side of the flat bar with a hammer, mine came out in seconds, I also use this method to get pistons out of brake callipers when they are pushed flat or seized in there housing works every time for me although you must use the right type of rawlbolt ones that expand at the ends. don't use the ones that expand in the middle.

The alloy spacers do fit inside the bearings, if you don't get on with the above you can still get the bearings out the usuall way then use a socket to tap out the spacer, I normally heat the hub up around the bearing with a blow lamp it's easier to get the bearings out.

Hope this helps