Fork problems

beeaj

I have just changed the oil and seals in my 04 txt250 but the forks are not good at all. They seem to drop a quite a bit with the weight of the bike, if I lift the bars I get about 2inches of lift out of the forks and the weight of the back allows this to drop back down when I let go. Also the rebound is pretty poor and slow.

Any suggestions greatly received

thanks

I have just changed the oil and seals in my 04 txt250 but the forks are not good at all. They seem to drop a quite a bit with the weight of the bike, if I lift the bars I get about 2inches of lift out of the forks and the weight of the back allows this to drop back down when I let go. Also the rebound is pretty poor and slow.

Any suggestions greatly received

thanks

Provided you didn't take any of the cartridge/spring unit apart, my first guess is possible binding in the fork/clamp assembly.

To see if this might be the case, loosen the axle clamps, fork brace and lower tripleclamp capscrews and then push up/down on the forks to see if that makes a significant difference. This would eliminate an external cause for the symptoms and is a simple test to do before taking everything apart again.

Jon