Rear Betor shocks

lingo75

Hi All - I read on here that rear shocks should be 340mm on a Beamish - however i have found a decent second hand pair of 360mm betors, will this be detrimental to the handling? what are teh consequences of longer shocks?

many thanks

I changed from 340mm shocks to 360mm NJB trikshox and i like the feel of it. The springs are lighter than the old units so back end doesn't feel 'a bit dead' like it did before. You could also argue that the steering angle is now steeper giving sharper handling in the twisty stuff, can't say I,ve noticed though. I don't think the extra length should worry you as long as the springs are the right weight for you. Only my thoughts but hope it helps.

Should be fine. They will sit the bike up a little more at the bike which in theory will quicken the steering, as mentioned above. However, it depends on the set up. If it is soft and your weight can get away with them being soft, they could settle under your weight to the same attitude as a shorter set with stiffer springing - swings and roundabouts.

Ultimately, they shouldn't cause any problems if they are working correctly.

• 1 month later...