Boyesen Reeds

drake

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes

They make a difference to all bikes and are brilliant. I think they are made out of dead unicorns.

So what i've read is softer off the bottom, crisper at the top, but what about the middle.?

And which part of the Unicorn do they use/ :unsure:

I was given a set for free and have fitted them to my 2011 250.

They are dead easy to fit but I kept the standard reed stops. Dont know why, they just look more up to the job.

If you are unsure what I am talking about it will be obvious when you take the old reed block out.

I have only ridden one easy trial like this but noticed a smother ride throughout.

I was never completly confident with the 250 right down on the pilot jet but I am very pleased with it now.

More consistant idle - smother into the mid range. I cant speak for the top end as it wasnt that type of trial.

Recommended

There is loads of stuff in the forum about reeds if you care to search.

I was given a set for free and have fitted them to my 2011 250.

They are dead easy to fit but I kept the standard reed stops. Dont know why, they just look more up to the job.

If you are unsure what I am talking about it will be obvious when you take the old reed block out.

I have only ridden one easy trial like this but noticed a smother ride throughout.

I was never completly confident with the 250 right down on the pilot jet but I am very pleased with it now.

More consistant idle - smother into the mid range. I cant speak for the top end as it wasnt that type of trial.

Recommended

There is loads of stuff in the forum about reeds if you care to search.

ditch the stops the boysens won't work right with them.

• 5 months later...

Am I right in thinking that reeds for a Ktm65 sx, 1998 - 2008.

I've read that too but when I got a chance to compare them down the KTM shop they could not match the Sherco ones up.

Also, there was next to no difference in price so it might just be better to buy the actual Boyesens #665 from a Trials shop or Boyesens suppliers.

And when you've done it write back here say say what improvements you notice? :thumbup:

Best of balance.

Neo

Got the reds fitted today, but haven't had a proper go on the bike. But my inital impression is that the bike is damped or muffled(couldn't think of a better word sorry) Not sure if this is how it should be but i shall report back when I get a proper ride