Cooling Problems / Leaking Radiator

gilbertdave

Hi All,

Was getting my stuff together this morning to go off for a ride and noticed that the bike was a bit wet. Having started the bike, there was definitely a flow of water coming from the cooling system. It appeared to be coming from rad, but I couldn't really see whether it was actually the rad or one of the connecting hoses.

The bike has overheatted (blown out steam) twice fairly recently. In both cases I killed it straight away and let it cool down, checked / added coolant as required and it was ok again. I'm guessing if there is a leka in the system it makes sense for it to boil over?

So, can I repair the rad (with rad weld or something similar) or am I looking at replacement partS?

Anyone with any knowledge can no dount shed some light on it for me

Thanks in advance,

Dave

Hi Andy,

Seeing your response just reminded me, I totally forgot to text you back! Sorry mate.

Radiator is all good thanks.

With regard to the rest of the changes I made, I'm pleased to say I rode the trial on Saturday consiously making an effort not to be worried about the bike or letting it run for ages and it behaved perfectly. Shame it couldn't account for my lack of balance, but hey ho!

Cheers for all the input guys.

Dave