PRE65 MOTOCROSS

andy.t

Was just wondering if any of you guys had ever thought about doing a bit of Motocross. I joined a PRE65 MOTOCROSS CLUB CLICK HERE. I joined the club a couple of years back and I'm now doing my second season, its fantastic fun. If you have nothing better to do you could even watch me with my helmet cam on CLICK HERE.It's not that expensive to do and the club allows up to pre74 bikes to ride in certain classes. I just ride the Clubman class on a 250cc AJS Stormer.Obviously my club is in the UK and most of the events are held in Essex at Marks Tey,if your local and want to watch to get a taste of it then look at the PRE65 website and there's a events list, its normally free to go and watch. Just a thought for anyone considering doing it.

Just finished my first season of pre75 over here in NZ on a 73 CZ400, have been told there will a few events on over the winter. Has been a whole heap of fun & a good way of keeping the interest up with trials as I had been getting a bit jaded lately

That looks fun - i'd love to have a go at that, but i think my wife operates a one in, one out policy with bikes :blush: I see its AMCA - i guess the next one would be on their website? I'm just up the road and wouldnt mind coming to watch one day. Nice vid too - love the guy taking a "comfort break" before the start! Nice Ajay too.

Cheers Caddabs

That looks fun - i'd love to have a go at that, but i think my wife operates a one in, one out policy with bikes :blush: I see its AMCA - i guess the next one would be on their website? I'm just up the road and wouldnt mind coming to watch one day. Nice vid too - love the guy taking a "comfort break" before the start! Nice Ajay too.

Cheers Caddabs

Caddabs, yes my wife would probably be the same with the one in one out theory...but I just dont listen. How does that work with her handbags and shoes anyway. Please do come and watch, its a day out, theres toilets to use and a burger van and if your real keen you could marshall for the day and get paid

• 2 years later...

Hi,

Read your post with interest - I helped with the foundation of the Pre-65 MXC, and with my photographer-wife, Mary, plus myself took literally thousands of images of the action throughout the land which are now available from my offroadarchive.

If anyone wants pictures of any of the early riders - or any of the bikes in use in those early days, just ask through this website.

As a taster here is one of our images of the President of the Pre-65MXC, in 1999, outstanding all-rounder and former Triumph works rider, Johnny Giles.

Enjoy

post-19290-0-87733900-1388939786_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...