2011 exhaust tip.

johnfromscarborough

Hi all, was just wondering if any one else has had a problem with the plastic end of a 2011 250 pro? mines melted away!!

Been in touch with gasgas uk but there saying its not covered under warranty?

bike is 7 months old, i know the warranty is for 6months but surley it shold last longer than this?

The exhaust hasn't had a bang or anything just noticed it after a trial other day. :(

Thanks John

Edited by Andy

Pretty poor service which doesn't do much for brand loyalty.

Could understand it....if you had destroyed rear of silencer in a crash.

My old 2001 TXT has ally end cap which I suppose is 1 blob of mud heavier than plastic ...which I can live with..as it lasts.

If no one else with same bike has same problem...then yours must have been defective...and should be replaced FOC

Out of interest how much for a new bit of plastic...more than a couple of quid I bet... which is really all it should cost.

Hopefully the Euro will crash and it will be cheap to import Gassers. Lampkin offers great warranty Even bought me a new rear wheel once put his own pocket after beta refused.

7 months and it's exceptable to start replacing the failing components Mmmm.

With the exeption of Beta my experience of other UK importers has been similar to the comments above;.. thier position is insuportable; waranty on mainland europe is 2 years for Beta, 1 year for Sherco, 1 year for Gas Gas, Scorpa BUT above all the ATTITUDE OF THE SUPPLY CHAIN IS TO SUPPORT THE CUSTOMERS unlike the UK importers. I know this from personal experience.I have commented on this recently ,the only response on these forums was from one guy who said his bike (make) was perfect so there was no need for a warranty. I will be getting shot of my current bike on return from Europe (never to buy another) the only bike I can choose is Beta. Warranty is a serious issue when spending silly amounts of money on trials bikes hopefully this forum may raise awareness amongst paying customers and maybe even the service from the UK supply chain. It.s not as if these guys are having a hard time financially they all live very well.

Chewy.. I agree with your comments about the supply chain in the UK.

Getting back to the problem...from my past dealings with sale of goods act...1st port of call is the dealer who supplied it and presumably made a profit on the sale ..not the importer.

Legally you do not have a 'contact' with the importer unless you purchased from them direct.

If the dealer supplied it... take it up with them... although my experience with dealers is that some try to avoid it and confuse the issue with the old smoke screen and mirrors tactic. Do not be distracted...be firm about the issue.

Before I get flamed by dealers I'm not saying that they all are the same.

Like anything in life ...some good... some bad and all it takes is a couple of bad ones..

Hi all, was just wondering if any one else has had a problem with the plastic end of a 2011 250 pro? mines melted away!!

bike is 7 months old, i know the warranty is for 6months but surley it shold last longer than this?

The exhaust hasn't had a bang or anything just noticed it after a trial other day. :(

Thanks John

i've heard a couple of people having problems with them, I think there were a couple on the SSDT that blew out because of the higher than normal temp from road riding melting the attachment points.

not much help i know

hope you get it sorted

Thanks John

Notice he did not state what he was doing when the thing melted off! Not sure I am totally on with plastic endcaps, yet one must recall the fact that you pitched out for the latest and lightest piece of kit within a very high performance arena to begin with! You desire to be in that fold, it sometimes has its costs!

Go buy a friggin Montesa, you pay up front! And you pay later in lugging it around, but it is reliable. Add you do not have to worry about plastic endcaps.

Chewy has indeed had a couple odd issues, seems bike well sorted and runs like a high performance pussycat! I would find myself hard pressed to be rid ofit, and start over. Yet, if not to taste, then move on to the next, may I suggest an OSSA! Very cutting edge! Just break the Sherco into about 5 small boxes and put in the postal system. Worn out POS must be worth a couple quid!

you will probably find gguk will cover absoloutely nothing under warranty however young it may be.

Completely unfair comment. I have had Gassers since 1990 and have had two issues in all that time, both dealt with under warranty without any problem.